What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pictures !! NEW **

Well, hello, im new at this thing of the terrariums, etc etc, i just wanna know what do you think about my terrariums and if you can give me some advice go ahed plz!!!...

if you have some pictures of your terrarium plz post them!!!!

P1010756.jpg

P1010755.jpg

P1010754.jpg

P1010753.jpg

P1010752.jpg

P1010751.jpg

P1010750.jpg

P1010749.jpg

P1010748.jpg

and this one haha

P1010700.jpg

Your soil looks a little dry. I'd say you need some landscaping, rocks, vines, branches. The biggest thing I think is the soil is too level, by the way is that sphagnum, coco fiber, or what?
So go online and look at some other terrariums for inspiration, I'll help, my terrarium
you've probably seen it as it's a newer thread but look how messy, I guess is the word, it is. Nature doesn't carefully place plants, they grow were they can anyway they can. Give the terrarium brighter and darker spots (maybe just toss all the lights in the middle of the tank or all the way to the left) and give it wetter and dryer spots (via soil height) then place the plant according to their growing preferences. Well other than that have fun with it, make the terrarium YOURS.

Good luck. You've got quite a hodgepodge of plants with different requirements in there. I'd recommend putting the Darlingtonia and Dionaea outside (maybe even making special arrangements for the Darlingotnia's pot). I think you should put the Nepenthes in a Nepenthes mix, like half perlite half LFS. If you won't do this and still want a terrarium, consider going HID.

Nice P. primuliflora!

tnx to you guys, tnx for reply, im new and im trying to create a good terrarium, im learning hehe....im gonna be posting new pics and everithing.

keep giving me advices cuz i need them!! tnx for everithing

Finally! Someone who appreciates constructive critisism!

I'll post pics later. It's easier to do a greenhouse style terrarium. You can grow diverse plants with different soil requirements and it helps prevent the spread of disease/fungi.

I love the cobra.

- Jeff

Nice terrarium. Don't worry, it will fill up. Plants are more than happy to take up as much room as they can get if only you can provide good conditions.

here is mine:

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8280/terrarsx3.jpg

as you can see ..pic taken a while ago. My VFTs are under a bit of wierdness now due to unexplained damage but....I am too busy to do anything more for now. So they are just tagging along.

You know what you need?? MOSS!! see if you can get yourself some nice live moss (sphagnum) or other peat species that are compatible and let them run wild. :D I just love moss. :D

Finally! Someone who appreciates constructive critisism!

I'll post pics later. It's easier to do a greenhouse style terrarium. You can grow diverse plants with different soil requirements and it helps prevent the spread of disease/fungi.

I guess from the problem I am facing now... I would definately recommend doing something like that. I am planning on making myself a new one next summer and this is how I will do it. Keeps the maintenace to a minimum. And it is also easy to bother about dormancy and all other stuff. I will however still remake my current terrarium with smaller VFT's and seedlings and see if I can make it more fancy with like waterfalls and so on :p

I like the cacti/succulent terrarium. One of them is even in flower!

Although it doesn't look as cool, I would recommend growing the plants in individual pots inside the terrarium. I think this is what was suggested as "greenhouse style terrarium." This way you can provide the variable soil and water needs of each plant.

xvart.

It's a bit cool today.

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

Any questions, just ask me. It looks barren but I'm getting more now that I have spring fever. It's only 75 gallons so I'm constantly trading away big ones and replacing them.

Im using the "premier peat moss tube sphagnum" in my terrarium is this ok?

Heres some pics of my nep tank.
Picture.sized.jpg

Picture_007.sized.jpg

Back