What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

More pics!!!

Hi Everyone,

I skimmed over this thread briefly and was really impressed. When I have a little more time, I will check it out in detail. I grow all my CP in terraria, with great results in many cases. Unfortunately, my photos are really outdated, but here are a couple old ones. I specialize in South American Drosera as well as the petiolaris complex, and would love to acquire more African Drosera (anyone?). I've also got some Genlisea, Heliamphora and even a few small Nepenthes rajah. I'm about to get into Utricularia a bit, but I won't let them (or anything else) get in the way of my precious Drosera!
smile.gif
You can check out my website at http://www.sundewgrower.com. Apologies for the old pics - my plants (and setup) have grown quite a bit since! I hope to update this page within the next few months.

SundewMatt

tank3.jpg

cpsetup.jpg

WoW!!!
wow.gif

you have awesome set-up! and much great Droseras.
wink.gif

Here's another old pic of one of my South American Drosera terraria, as seen on the ICPS member's photo gallery page for terraria (I wasn't able to simply insert the image link):

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/gallery/terraria/aae

New photos are long overdue - plants have since grown quite a bit!

Matt

Hi!

Very nice setup Matt.....

Eric your question about my Nepenthes, I have got two of them in my terrarium they are both N. alata.

It's difficult to post pictures overhere, but I will do it this week!

Greets,

Marco

You have some really beautiful and interesting sundews.
smile.gif

I thought I should add to this thread too.
smile.gif

Highland tank: left to right: N. spectabilis, N. hamata, N. rajah, N. glabrata, N. burbidgeae, N. lowii and N. aristolochioides (back corner)
highland%20terr.jpg

Lowland tank 1: left to right N. merrilliana, N. madagascareinsis, N. gracilis 'nigrapurpurea', N. merrilliana
lowland%20terr%201.jpg

Lowland tank 2:left to right: N. rafflesiana 'singapore giant', N. gracilis cuttings (front), N. northiana (back) N. mindanoensis (front corner), N. rafflesiana 'red squat' back corner
lowland%20terr%202.jpg

Growchamber: left to right: N. ampullaria, N. bicalcarata, N. bicalcarata (small in front), N. truncata, (in pot with it are 2 pots of an N. clipeata 'clip-1' and an N. hirsuta) and lower bottom right corner N. longifolia.
growchamber.JPG

Wow, very nice collection that u own.

yeah! sure it is!
wink.gif

have you grew any of those from seeds?
smile.gif

HI weser,

the big N. truncata is a seed grown plant (not by me though.
wink.gif
) The bicalcarata I also think is seed grown if I remember correctly. Most others are all TC clones though.

Thanks for telling me that:)
wink.gif

Hmm, you have some of my most desired and rare nepenthes. Better than my collection. I can say that I have the larger rafflesiana giant though
tounge.gif

Hereby some new pictures from my terrariums:

dsc01802.jpg

And another one:

dsc01803.jpg

Very large pictures! Anybody know what kind of ping on the right side is? Is it P. crassifolia???

Greets,

Marco

oh oho!
wink.gif
 that really cool!
tounge.gif

Nice Macro!
That little, bitty butterwort has those big flowers? Man!

Macro,
May I please see the front view of your terrarium? Thanks.

Wow MarcoCraamer,
Now thats what what I call a terrarium awesome job!!!
Thanks for posting.
John
biggrin.gif

Here's my new terrarium:

30%20gallon%20terrarium.JPG

The plants are currently in a 30 gallon fishtank.

wopeli! That`s cool eplants02!
wink.gif

Okay, I am finaly going to post some pictures.

Not really a terrarium, more of an ornate glass box, with an ornamental fountain. Used mostly for the plants that need a little extra babying before I put them out with the rest of the plants.

conserv.gif

And a pic of inside with the top removed

conservinter2.gif

Back