What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

terrarium lights

Hi everybody!:-D

I had to make a winter setup since the plants were not getting enough light due to weather. I accommodated some of my plants in 2 terrariums. First -bigger one- is for propagating pygmies and has two 13W fluorescent T5s 10cm (apx. 4') from the plants. The other one is for some adult plants and is smaller and equipped with two 8W T5s @20cm (7.9'') distance from the plants. here are some pics:

09070045.jpg

09070042.jpg

09070040.jpg

09070035.jpg

09070005.jpg

09060014.jpg

09060003.jpg

This is just for the winter so they survive the unfavorable amount of sunlight. They were doing OK on the windowsill so I dont want to damage the plants by not giving them enough light... Thanx for any comments! :) P.S. I apologize for the blury pics

Very impressive collection!

Very nice indeed. I'm not sure about the ID on the Drosera capillaris though.

I bought that drosera tagged as capillaris a year ago at the CP exhibition in Prague. Do you think it might be some other species?

The petioles on Drosera capillaris typically do not get wider towards the lamina (tentacled portion).

http://www.sarracenia.com/galleria/g233s.html

It looks like Drosera spatulata to me also.

Get some flower shots if you can.

Thank you for the info and link......still not sure about the name....you are right the best thing for me to do is wait about a week for the flowers...i will post it here then. :)

Seeds would be the clincher, if you get any.

I know but i dont have any left:-( We'll see what the flower looks like:)

Hi !:)

The plant shot up 2 flowers talks. Unfortunatelly I was not able to make a picture of the flower because the weather here has been so depressing and overcast that none of the flowers opened. I can only tell that is is of pink colour...hopefully when the next stalk blooms the weather will improve and the sun will come out (couldnt induce flower opening by strong artificial light dont know why)
heres actual pic:
DSCF0051.jpg

(still cant decide between capillaris and spathulata)

P7230081-1.jpg

P9230023.jpg

That is my D. capillares.

Yours is definatly not a capillares. Miss Id's happens to all of us once in a while.

CP Oregon: my drosera is spatulata I know it for sure. But I think the plant in the picture above you posted is not capillaris. Looks more like D. x obovata to me.

It can be capillaris too...there is a "long arm" capillaris that is very similar

Back