What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the good with the bad...

Oh well, I needed to go out and get some water anyway, and it's raining like crazy. Not totally a bad thing. Except, don't you hate when you think, oh it won't rain that bad, these plants could use a little water anyway, so you leave them outside, go to work and realise maybe you should have covered up that tray of tiny Drosera.

Oh well, everything but the tiny Drosera should do fine in the rain, I just know when I get home i'll find most of them washed away. But...at least I won't lose them because they dried out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vertigo @ Sep. 23 2003,4:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But...at least I won't lose them because they dried out.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Well thats true....

what kind of drosera??

Greetings & happy growing

WildFire

D. venusta, D. dielsiana, D. collinisae, D. capensis "alba", 4 forms of D. spatulata, D. capillaris...I think that's it. Man, wish it was my utrics the way it's still raining now.

I always worry about the rain effecting the dew on the sundews.
confused.gif
So I keep mine inside a terrarium.

Travis

I actually don't think the rain bothers them that much. I have aliciae growing outside and it gets drenched and almost washed out of the pot by roof run off sometimes, and it's always lush and dewy and pops back up for more. It doesn't even seem to bother it if it gets half buried.

I'm just worried because they're seedling dews that have been growing for a few months now. The rain stopped so far and the suns coming out, so there's hope. I'll have to check for casualties when i get home.

Man,
After the rain we had yesterday, some of my sars were almost flattened, too! Now I have to go out there and stake them all up.
mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scottychaos @ Sep. 24 2003,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
?

confused.gif
I don't know if I get it.

Oh well, most of them seemed to live through it luckily, though I do believe I lost venusta and collinisae. That's really sad too, why do your favorites out of a group always seem to go first?
tounge.gif

Back