What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suprise at the local orchid/suculent shop! :D

Yesterday, I went inside to have a look around. The place mostly sells orchids, succulents, overprices bonsai, bromelaids etc. I was looking around and found a tray full of a few vft's, some sundews, and nepenthes. Some of the vft's looked dead, some were healthy, the sundews were all dead, and the neps looked healthy. So today I went back to the place and bought 2 neps. I passed up a 10" veitchi because I didnt like the pitchers :p and also passed up a nep with only dead pitchers. It looked toothy :D So here are the neps I bought:

Burbigeae :banana2: I love this guy O_O
IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7903.jpg

And I also got tentaculata. Im kind of regretting geting this. Might trade it away even though I just got it lol
IMG_7905.jpg

Group shot
IMG_7906.jpg

Sadly, there was no truncata :down: but im super happy about getting brubigeae. Hopefully it will survive. Maybe this place will continue to carry neps and it can become my nep supplier :-D

Last edited:
why are you regretting the tentaculata?

Nice score there with finding those Neps TOG. :)

It looks like your first plant there might actually be a burb x eddie.

dvg

I agree with dvg. It is not burbidgeae, but burb x eddie. The wider, toothy and ridged perisotme is a dead giveaway. The tentac might be pure, thoguh I haven't really had experience with that one.

Myles, I dont know. Maybe its the peristome or maybe its something else. I dont seem to like the pitchers that much. Hopefully it makes a new one and it totally blows me away! :D

dvg, burb x eddie it is!

Hcarlton, the tentac is from BE so I guess we can trust them when they say that its a tentac ;)

Great find!
If you have the room and the patience, hang onto them for a while. Let them mature a bit. I have traded stuff away before then kicked myself several months later when I saw some of the more mature pitchers produced.

Those are incredible finds from an orchid shop. Typically, all I see is the occasional miranda and sanguinea. I wonder what else they had there?

My local orchid shop carries BE Neps but they are outrageously priced, so even with shipping they're cheaper by mail.

Sweet finds! I would be pretty excited about those.

There are a couple specialty shops here that sell loads of CPs, but the only neps you ever see are the same ventratas.

I haven't read any of the posts prior, but that burb is actually burb x eddie. Nice looking plant though.

I like the tentaculata! :)

Im not trading it for the truncata!! lol thanks

so in a few years you can have a plant that size XD ahahha

TROLOLOL!! xD

Last edited:
I edited it and it wouldnt save for some reason so now I replace it with a mole. :down:

Back