What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUPERthrive

I've noticed that the SUPERthrive mentions that it is excellent for carnivorous plants, but does not mention anything about fly traps.
So was wondering if I should order this for my fly traps or not?
wow.gif

YES! Many people have, (including me) it's an excellent growth boost for plants that don't recieve many extra nutrients (bugs)

lithopsman,
Do you dilute it when you use it. If so how much?

1 drop per gallon, no more, no less. It is a rule of thumb you should never stray from.

i bought a botle of superthrive, and, as directed, mixed in 1 drop with a gallon of distilled water. how often can i water my vft's with the h2o/superthrive mixture? can i use this mixture as my everyday water, or should i only use it a little bit (once a week? once a month?)?

thanks!
technoracer

i hate do this but, since i haven't heard anything yet, bump!

I use it about once a month I dont know about vfts but I know other CPs will get burnt out on the stuff if they get too much of it

I have been playing with Superthrive as well as Miracid...

I have given plants to be sacrificed if need be for the purpose of furthering others
smile.gif
( seeing as I have a ton of them, I can spare a few ).

I have them set aside, 1 gets hit with diluted superthrive the other with miracid....In the greenhouse with the rest of the plants ( so you can call the 'rest' the control
smile.gif
&#39
wink.gif

I haven't noticed anything signifigant yet, but they are still alive and putting out new growth, so that's a plus
wink.gif

Back