What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stowaway Drosera ID.

Roarbark

Interesting Specimen
DSCF1290.JPG

DSCF1292.JPG

A couple stowaways i just discovered underneath the umbrella (ella...ella...ella...xD) of my D. Adelae. Despite how it looks in the picture, you cant see any of those plants unless you lift up all of the leaves on the larger Adelae. The plant on the left is clearly a Adelae, probably a basal sprout (didnt bother looking closely), But the other ones have a different leaf shape, more broad and circular. Chances are they'll need more sun than the Adelae, eh? They look a little pale :p.

And for kicks:

DSCF1300.JPG

Mini D. Binata's right? I was thinking capensis at first, but they def. 2 pronged, and sending out long leaves in a very uncapensis-ish fashion. They are in a pot of moss (and a little U. Bisquamata), and i have no idea how they got there. Seeds must have been there when it was shipped, cause i have no seeding or previously seeded binata plants. Fine with me though :).

Those are actually D. adelae's immature shape leaves. Lots 'o plants. :)

I think it's safe to call those adelae as well. That's how they look when they're very small.

Edit: Clue beat me. :censor:

(and a little U. Bisquamata)...
There's almost no such thing as a "little U. bisquamata" once you decide that you want it out of your pots ... :nono: :0o:

Hehe, thanks guys

There's almost no such thing as a "little U. bisquamata" once you decide that you want it out of your pots ... :nono: :0o:

At least it can't hop pots unless you transplant soil. :)

But yeah, those are baby Adelae. Just wait, in 6 months those ones will be as big as the main plant AND have their own little baby Adelaes under THEM.

Back