What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterilizing pots?

Hello tf members! I've been in a war with an unknown mycelia lately(I'm guessing it came from via stupid mosser lee brand) and I recently took my Nepenthes sanguinea and Utricularia reniformis 'Small Leaf' an took out most of the soil affected by the nasty mycelium. The mycelium in both of the pots were or had the same characteristics. How would you go about sterilizing pots so that way no mycelia and spores gets through? Would soaking the pots in 1 part bleach: 9 parts water for 10 minutes work? Thank you guys:)
Man, I need to find a better and different brand:/

A 10% Bleach solution should work fine, that's traditional for sterilizing pots. I switched over to using Physan 20 for things like this though, where I knew I had a fungus I wanted to get rid of, and couldn't be happier with it. It's specifically a fungicide, bactericide, general disinfectant that's safe to use on and around plants. Not quite as cheap as bleach, but it does have a wider range of applications.

I second the recommendation for Physan.

Back