What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting a new terra for N. bellii, need companion plant ideas

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Okay folks. Maybe a silly project but I've decided to redo one of my 20 gallon tanks for a small N. bellii. (when it outgrows the 20, I'll have an excuse for a bigger tank). What I really need though are ideas for companion plants aside form orchids, which of course will be there. The tank is currently occupied by the pings but I think they will need to be moved once the humidity starts to climb.

The peperomia genus offers all sorts of interesting terrarium plants. Also, jewel orchids, begonias, bromeliads, tillandsias...

The peperomia genus offers all sorts of interesting terrarium plants. Also, jewel orchids, begonias, bromeliads, tillandsias...
let me change that to CP companions. Orchids are a given and tillies don't do well in high humidity. I don't want to get involved with plants other than CP's and chids

...tillies don't do well in high humidity...

Tillandsia don't do well in high humidity??? I've got one outside in about 100% humidity that's doing just fine.

Anyhoo, some more lowland Nepenthes probably would be good. Anything that likes hot and humid conditions should be fine.

Back