What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stapelia Gigantea In Full Bloom

"Smell it!"

Pretty, nonetheless.

"Smell it!"

Pretty, nonetheless.

You know they really don't smell all that bad
Unless you stick your nose to it & smell one & they're still not that bad {Kind Of a Bummer}
My VooDoo Lilies smell worst / LOL

Last edited:
Haha, and turns out I'm receiving VooDoo Lily seeds myself. Karma?

Fantastic! I had a number of these species but the mealies destroyed my Stapelia & Ceropegia collection.

I finally got to stuff my face into a S. gigantea bloom last time I was at the orchid shop and I was disappointed about the lack of smell. You always hear people say "oh they smell real bad" but so far every "carrion/corpse flower" I've smelled of any plant family has merely smelled to me just like a new rubber halloween mask - kind of a faint ammonia or vinegar smell. I clean with vinegar and water in a spray bottle so I've smelled stronger scents when I clean the kitchen! lol

I'd like to try sniffing the A. titanum just to see if that's really anything different than any of these more common other "stinkers".

I know it sounds like a dumb thing to say
But yeah I get disappointed when me "Stinky" plants don't stink bad enough / LOL

I had a hell of a time with mealy bugs this year for the first time
They kept attacking my Huernia
Was having to spray them every few days

Nice Stapelia. I have a Stapelia flavopurpurea but have never got it to flower. Supposed to smell nice though.

Nice Stapelia. I have a Stapelia flavopurpurea but have never got it to flower. Supposed to smell nice though.

Had a few flowers on mine last year, but nothing so far this year

those look great, how old are the plants? I really want to try some Stapelia but I have not found to many around fort worth yet.

those look great, how old are the plants? I really want to try some Stapelia but I have not found to many around fort worth yet.

I started them from small cuttings about 3 or 4 years ago

Sent you a PM
I have a large cutting available for trade if you're interested

Mine has just bloomed as well,

stap2b.jpg

Back