What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade species Cattleya intermedia orchid to trade for species Nep or ?

I have a species orchid to trade for an intermediate-highland species Nep (but not an N. sanguinea, which I already have). I'll consider something other than a Nep, so feel free to suggest something else.

The orchid is from a Meyers Conservatory flask and it is a Cattleya intermedia var. coerulea 'Olympic Samba' × Cattleya intermedia var. orlata 'Marble'. The Meyers Conservatory page for this flask is at http://troymeyers.com/direct/?017159. It's been out of the flask for >3 yrs and the most recent leaves are ~3" long (just the leaf, not including pseudobulbs).

This plant and the flask-mates I kept haven't bloomed yet, but the Meyers link shows that the coloring should be excellent and possibly blue. It's is an easy grower - I'm in CT and it hangs in a medium tree from late May to mid September and spends most of the rest of the year in a south-facing window at work. They seem to do well in a coarse bark mix and probably would prefer a basket instead of a pot.

Here are some photos, assuming I inserted the images correctly. If I didn't insert them correctly, you can visit the addresses to see them in my album.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back