What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry

Yeah, I'm sorry to everyone that I'm supposed to have already sent plants to.

To make a long story short, my only comp got like a million viruses and killed it so I lost all of the addresses of the people that I'm supposed to send plants to.

Please don't be to mad :blush:

so If I owe you plants from a trade please Pm me.

thanks

I'm assuming you got the whole computer thing straightened out?

If not, I can help.

I've had my share of battles with viruses. Believe it or not, I find it kinda fun. :)

well, actually I'm borrowing someone else's computer at the moment.
but we're gonna buy another one shortly

I had a computer about three years ago that got attacked with adware. I would turn on the PC and instantly 50 pop-up ads would "pop up" (and not the nice kind of pop-ups, if you know what I mean...). I tried fixing the problem with about five different programs, but failed. I ended up trashing the computer. It was pretty old, so no big loss.
Be careful out there guys... they strike when you least expect it. FireFox is my frontline guard now. :)

Farmer Dave, hope you get back on your feet and up-to-date with your trades soon. Good luck!

o_O

You don't have to buy a new computer just because it got attacked by a virus. Just format the hard drive and reinstall windows and it'll be just like the day you bought it. Unless you want to do it the hard way and just try and get all the viruses out.

You don't have to buy a new computer just because it got attacked by a virus. Just format the hard drive and reinstall windows and it'll be just like the day you bought it. Unless you want to do it the hard way and just try and get all the viruses out.

I think the point was that "the day he bought it" was... a long time ago, so it wasn't any sort of problem.

People today are spoiled, there's all these fancy programs and tools out there to help you. I remember digging through registries, deleting keys for individual nasties. lol! Man I love those new programs... hehe

I think the point was that "the day he bought it" was... a long time ago, so it wasn't any sort of problem.

People today are spoiled, there's all these fancy programs and tools out there to help you. I remember digging through registries, deleting keys for individual nasties. lol! Man I love those new programs... hehe

Yeah, I always remember getting to the point where it just wasn't worth it anymore and then I would breakdown and reinstall everything. It always felt so refreshing to have a fresh start. I have a friend who reinstalls every two weeks on the button, and has his drives partitioned in such a way that all his programs are on one drive so he wouldn't have actually reinstall everything.

xvart.

I have a friend who reinstalls every two weeks on the button, and has his drives partitioned in such a way that all his programs are on one drive so he wouldn't have actually reinstall everything.

Yeah, one of those folks. He probably just has OCD. Frankly, at this time there's no reason to format so often- to matter HOW you partition you drives. It takes time that I could spend doing much more meaningful things. We have the technology to "fight" any bad stuff that comes around, anyway. In short, obsessive reformatting (or mostly ANY reformatting, I've seen it improperly used about 99% of the time) is :crazy:

Rrrr, but not to get too off topic... Dave, thanks for making this post. It was responsible of you to follow up and let everybody know that you've been having some problems. In the future, you can let use know if you're having some computer problems as someone here can probably help.

Well the way windows works, you do have to reformat every once in a while (like maybe once a year) if you want your computer to be working at maximum performance. Even if you do take good care of it. Windows will just degrade over time until you reinstall it. It's a pain, but at least it's reversible. I don't save ANYTHING on my windows drive so that when I reinstall windows, I just have to re-configure all of my settings and such. That can be a pain too, but it's a lot better than losing all your files. (It has happened before.)

Back