What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some non-cp plants

just showed up......proves when packing is done correctly i can get plants in subfreezing temps....they are Huperzia tetrasticha which is a lycopodium type club moss and Lecanopteris balgooyi which is an ant fern....a Nepenthes longifolia also showed up with them.....

DSCF2451.jpg

DSCF2454.jpg

DSCF2455.jpg

Wow, those look great! Your pictures are trying to lure me into experimenting with and indulging in even more plant genuses O-:

What do you pot those two in?

Nepenthes longifolia?!?! Holy crap.... I didn't even know they sold those anymore! :0o:

probably going in LFS and orchid bark.....the "roots" with both do not like to be to wet so i need good air movement through the soil.....pretty much along the lines of a nep mix for a nep grown in a tray that doesnt like wet feet.....

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Nepenthes longifolia?!?! Holy crap.... I didn't even know they sold those anymore! :0o:

where i got them from shows they are available for immediate delivery though i dont expect anymore will be sent over before spring.....

Cool! Do they actually need pretty high humidity, or can they be acclimated to low humidity like neps and stuff? I'd love to have more ferns and mosses and things growing in with my orchids, but I'm just not sure what to actually commit to buying without knowing that much about how they're supposed to be grown...like can they get epiphytically mounted to something and they soak in water through their leaves too like tillies or ???

(sorry for being such an antfern/clubmoss n00b...)

no worries......with the antfern, they can be grown mounted on bark like a Tilli but seem to grow better/faster in a pot of LFS/LFS mix.......dont know alot about the club moss, what i have read about this one is it likes to have its feet a lil drier than most.....if you want to try out an antfern the species with scaly runners/bulbs/ant houses, whatever you want to call them, do better in lower humidity than the one ive got.....species like L. crustacea and L. lomarioides would be good ones to start with and do pretty well among normal orchids and most neps but should be slowly acclimated to it...this particular species is a lil touchier bout humidity......

Cool, thanks! I'll look into it...

oooh L.crustacea is super cute! :love:

Back