What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new pics from here and there.....

Everything's looking great!

Some new shots:

'Rokko' Exotica new pitcher

First N. 'Lang' (mirabilis Australia x mixta) pitcher

Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis) getting bigger

new N. x mixta pitcher: I've noticed that this plant has less mottling and a more striped peristome, along with more elongate leaves than my 'Miranda' clone

Definite winning clone: SG spathulata x jacquelineae

first pitcher on BE glabrata

Dexenthes, you might recognize these guys: 4 N. attenboroughii seedlings, who are already giving me daily anxiety attacks.

One of a couple new, very large 'Rebecca Soper' pitchers

Bunch-o' ampullaria 'Harlequin' pitchers and basals

Clearer shots of rafflesiana "Brunei Giant Red BE-88"

lastly, (inermis x singalana) x mira

That N. spathulata x jacquelineae is amazing! Good growing and congratulations on the N. attenboroughii :)

I know, the color is amazing, and that pitcher came off a leaf only around 2" long (the next two have nearly doubled in size, can't wait to see what their pitchers will be like). Also definitely happy about the attens, though like I said before, I am going to be having daily anxiety attacks until at the very least I see a pitcher.

N. merrilliana x campanulata finally showing some color, and a bit more size

Anyone else notice how the only hamata x platy pics are lowers? ANYONE have uppers?

(inermis x singalana) x mira: the peristome definitely shows mira in it

I was right about the color on this thing: spathulata x jacquelineae has turned the peristome so purple it's black (and the next pitcher definitely promises to be bigger)

Biggest pitcher yet on the ampullaria 'Harlequin at somewhere around 3"

And the similarly sized new pitcher on Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis)

What a shiny peristome on spathulata x jacquelineae! Did you spray water on it? And I actually like the white color on merrilliana x campanulata. It is a nice change from the usual vibrant colors on Nepenthes.

Mighty fine pitchers there! Love the black peristome.

Also, the shape of the pitchers on your (inermis x singalana) x mira is awesome!!

The liquid on the peristome of the spath x jacq is mostly nectar, actually. Some condensation from it growing near the cool wall of the greenhouse, but the plant is making most of that. As for the merr x campy, if the pictures of adult plants are anything to go by it'll probably keep the light colors.

Couple more :)
I've always liked the intermediates best on 'Miranda'. They retain the mottled colors wings and the fat, deep peristome of lowers, but have that elegant upper shape

intermediate on 'Rokko' Exotica

truncata lowland SG jumped in size. The species is known for doing this, but it's still impressive to see. I can't wait to see what the pitcher looks like!

ever-underrated: x ventrata

more colorful pitcher on 'Lang'

and, oh so many seedlings! 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa finally hitting saleable size and showing a lot of variation,

N. rafflesiana "dark brown parent, Sajingan, Borneo" reaching sale size as well and showing numerous colors

And, turns out I have to get the true eustachya "red," as the plants I thought were are starting to match my true gracilis, so now I have gracilis from Sumatra and Borneo

I really like the truncata lowland and its leaf shape. My bellii x truncata is showing similar leaf jumps.

Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis)

vogelii appears very temperature tolerant

New pitcher on spath x jacq, the peristome just keeps getting bigger....

And if the adult pitchers keep the color seen on this one, I may have a new cultivar

A pitcher on one of the soon to be sale-size rafflesiana "dark brown parent," revealing already dark mottling colors

There are 2 sumatrana "Giant, Nias" in ths pot, but the one is a lot more vigorous, and already showing stripes

'Rebecca Soper' and its many basal vines

And, ever elegant uppers

Though I think this one takes the cake for elegant: graciliflora "Pink" uppers

And, the ever-growing ampullaria 'Harlequin' carpet

Wow look at those Amp pitchers. They're huge!

Progress pics on 'Black Dragon': the peristome on the uppers starts out wide and green, and the mottling on the back is cool, but it darkens quickly

Colorful 'Miranda' upper

And one just after opening

The difference between faint light and shade on ventricosa "red"

Stripey cherry 'Lang' peristome

merrilliana x campanulata pitchers are keeping the faint, blushed colors

The leaves are only 3.5" and already the spath x jacq pitchers have peristomes like this

khasiana is in a darker corner of the greenhouse, but it's doing alright

This is the most mutant pitcher the spectabilis Giant has put out yet: no normal color except the peristome and one side of a wing

Compared to the pitcher on the previous leaf of the same growth point

N. copelandii may be transitioning to uppers, though the leaves haven't gotten any bigger

adorably tiny, fat glabrata pitchers adorn every leaf

compare that to the larger and more darkly colored glabrata x maxima

great variation in shape and color is showing up on my raff "dark brown parent, Sajingan" seedlings: creamy colors, mottling, thin pitchers, and fat boys

clip x (clip x eymae) getting bigger and more colorful

And the raff "BE-88" has produced a pitcher with a wider peristome, taller neck, and thinner shape, so it may be transitioning to intermediates

graciliflora "Pink"

ventricosa x spathulata

The so-called ventricosa x northiana I am getting suspicious of, because there's not a lot of difference between it and the above plant

Got some more to share:
N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) is already a big plant, and not even close to full grown

N. rafflesiana "dark brown parent" showing good colors and teeth

gracilis nigropurpurea so far only showing color inside

the best pitchers I've had in a long time on spectabilis Giant, and the largest yet on the bottom

fully colored spath x jacq

N. glabrata x maxima

vogelii

beccariana "red," largest of 5

My personal clones of 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red", went from 2 inches to 7 in about 2-3 months

merrilliana x campanulata

Viking x (max x trusmadi)

'Rokko' Exotica

All looking great! I really love the Viking x (max x trusmadi) and the spath x jacq :)

Last edited:
I love your plants. My mirandas look just about the same - it's an awesome plant, isn't it. Loving your raff seedlings, I wish more people would cultivate this plant - I would totally buy many of them if I were in USA and if you were selling. I hope they all go to good keepers.
Thanks for sharing.

N. 'Lang': the peristome alone is worth the plant

Pic doesn't show it, but the new bigger merrilliana x campy pitchers are forming red markings deep inside the pitchers now

"ampullaria green" certainly isn't turning out green. I also suspect this batch will turn out to be hookeriana

vogelii

Wow, nicely done! I really like the Nepenthes khasiana, N. copelandii, and N. glabrata from a couple of updates back. Anything special being done with the N. khasiana? I had a BE clone a couple of years ago get to a good size only to shrink away (and I know a couple of other people who have had problems with that species), but it looks like it's doing quite well over there. :)

Back