What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snowball

I have a snowball to trade for a good sized N. hamata. I can send two snowballs if it's a large plant.

Can you send them to hell?
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

I'll trade a box of 80 degree fresh air for that snowball...

Mike in (sunny) Houston

Oh, I'm up for some of that sun, after our 14th straight day of clouds (a new record) a bit of sun would be nice.

I see that sunny weather and 80 degree temperature, and the 2 snowballs, and I raise you 3 ice cubes and a popcicle.

Is it a carnivorous snowball? What does it eat? Do you use open tray, terrarium or hanging basket? Does it need dormancy or form a resting bud? How does it propogate?

I'll give you a chewed piece of gum for your snowball.
laugh.gif

Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost over night....?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 07 2006,4:46)]I see that sunny weather and 80 degree temperature, and the 2 snowballs, and I raise you 3 ice cubes and a popcicle.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif
OMG!! Fell outa my chair ROFLMAO!!!!!
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif
smilie4.gif

Wait, I have a N. hamata.

hamata1_6_06.jpg

This is a pitcher that just opened a day or 2 ago, and just starting to color up.

Please tell me what the current trade is up to? I hope I did not miss out.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
OMG!! Drooooooooooooooooooooling now!! Steve that is such a beautiful plant...
smile.gif

For that, I'd up the offer to three snowballs.

They aren't carnivorous, but are pretty deadly if dipped in water and refrozen before thrown.

I haven't figured out their annual lifecycle and have failed with every attempt to induce dormancy.  If I pile leaves over them for the summer the way I do for my Sarracenias' winter dormancy, the snowballs are gone when I remove the leaves the following winter.  Maybe they're migratory.  They even disappear if left in the freezer.  It must be a very strong migratory instinct.

Bruce, I thought you would have it figured out by now. Why did I raise 3 ice cubes? THAT is where they hide. They have shape shifting capabilities that have amazed Native Americans for years. They see the snowball in infancy as a snowflake, watch it graduate into 3 feet of snow, turn into ICE, and in the spring, migrate to mate. Not hard. Still, you have to beat 3 ice cubes, AND a popcicle.

Back