What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

September 08 nep contest

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    care
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I thought we might as well have a friendly nep contest every month. So basically we chose 1 nep we have that you would most like to show in a contest. The contest entries will close Sept. 15th, if you miss the dead line by say a minute cause you had been writing your post it will still be counted so don't panic if you post at 12:03 or something.

Rules:
1. The plant most be YOURS
2. You must haved had a week in your care or more
3. You can post as many pics as you want until the contest closes (of the same plant)
4. The pitcure MUST be from the previous or this month
5. The top three plants will be counted as winners, (those who tie will share their place)

Remeber this is just for fun, so even if you don't think you will win, it still doesn't mean you shouldn't show off your plant! :-O

N.Sanguinea - From Andy, its the best looking nep i got.

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

the second picture just opened a few days ago, already has caught a fly, if you could see it :)

hehehehe ok
Aristolochioides
DSC01984.jpg

Immature lowii, doubled in size from previous pitcher
neps-9-1-08005.jpg

nice aristolochioides!!!

I thought we might as well have a friendly nep contest every month. The contest entries will close Sept. 15th
Any reason why only 1/2 of the month is allowed for entries as opposed to the full month?

2. You must haved had a week in your care or more
This doesn't make it much of a contest if someone enters a plant they have recently received that was grown by someone else. They had no part in the production of its growth. Most plant contests require the grower has had the plant in their care for a minimum of 6 months...but these are your rules so....

Yeah phil covered most of the stuff that prob should be changed. Will post my entry soon.

Any reason why only 1/2 of the month is allowed for entries as opposed to the full month?

This doesn't make it much of a contest if someone enters a plant they have recently received that was grown by someone else. They had no part in the production of its growth. Most plant contests require the grower has had the plant in their care for a minimum of 6 months...but these are your rules so....

1. So the other half is voting, then should voting be in october?

2. That would keep alot of new people from joining in. Wait do you think the time you had it shoud be?

Witch one is your entry?

3. You can post as many pics as you want until the contest closes

or do you mean many pic of the same plant?

Yes, of the same plant. I could've sworn I added that rule! :blush:

I think for something like this to be successful, it needs to have a little more thought and planning involved instead of just a post out of the blue. The rules are unclear, there is no discussion on voting methods, etc.

Additionally, I completely agree with Phil; which is another reason something like this should be discussed, first.

Until that time, I'm closing this thread. Feel free to pm me.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back