What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedlings! and moss...

After 2 weeks I now have close to 50 D. capensis seedlings and a few nidiformis seeds that i can see are starting to germinate. So far I can't see any D. capillaris seedlings or any D. indica. I know this isnt big news to most of you but since I dont have any CPs at the moment, this is huge news :D I'll get pics when they are a little bigger. Also, I planted the seeds in dead LFS and it growth points on it too... Its been in a bag dry for over 3 years... weird :0o:

Depending on the form D. capillaris may not germinate under certain condtiions. The long arm form seems to prefer less humid conditions to germinate. I have had best luck germinating them in non enclosed areas. Covered pots, humidity domes all do not seem to work very well.....

Right now I dont have them covered, the thing is is that i dont even see the seeds... may either wait for something or just put some more to where i can see them. Ill figure it out lol. Ill just give it time like any person who loves plants would do :p

Yes, giving it time is the best move you'll ever make.

Back