What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sarracenia

i was just wondering what makes my sarracenias plants have devormed leaves

Could be any number of things. Lack of light, pests, fungus, salts... You need to provide a bit of background before a real evaluation can be made.

What are your conditions? What species is it? How much light does it get? What is it planted in? What are you watering with? Do you see any bugs on/in it? Is there fuzzy growth anywhere?

it is happening to all my sarracenia plants and im not sure what there planted in because i havent repotted them yet i water them with rain water and they get morning sun threre is no bugs on the plants

Are they new? Were they from a low light environment?

xvart.

i would say that you just need to stick them outside(depending on location of course) and let them take the full brunt of the sun. my sarrs only ever showed deformity if the pitcher it was producing was half or partially developed before having received it. if you just got the plants then i wouldnt worry too much, they'll usually come through pretty fast.

other than that, i would check that the soil mix it is in is peat/something and not some fertilizer soil from the store.

~b

the plants are not new and thay are outside and get all morning sun

Photos?

(and punctuation, sentences and capitalisation would help us understand you better)

I would love to put some photos on but i dont no how

(not very good at writing)

Back