What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia liles

they've made their way to ebay also
smile_h_32.gif

Another lot has come up at ebay, so i've emailed ebay to highlight the fact that they could be listing illegally obtained plants.

Heck, they took off a couple of CDs I was selling on there a whileback, so with any luck they'll take these leucos off.

Good show, Alvin. Do you think e-bay will remove stuff that "may be" illegal? Are they the better-safe-than-sorry types? In this case, I hope so!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Mar. 03 2005,7:52)]Good show, Alvin.  Do you think e-bay will remove stuff that "may be" illegal?  Are they the better-safe-than-sorry types?  In this case, I hope so!
Yes, they removed the one guys brass even though they didn't have primers.. to be better safe than sorry
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you think e-bay will remove stuff that "may be" illegal? Are they the better-safe-than-sorry types?

That's what I was thinking. I tried to emphasise that point in the email I sent. I'll post the reply I get back here.

When I first went for a physical at a clinic in Michigan, lo and behold on the table, a flower arrangement with S. leucophylla pitchers!

Good thing they were artificial (impressively realistic too!) otherwise I would've thrown a tantrum in the waiting room.

Good thing it was a physical(hope it went well) and not a trip to the shrink!

mad.gif

At a local wholesale florist here in Atlanta that I deal with, I have seen both fresh pitchers and flowers for sale. At another wholesaler I have seen dried pitchers. It is disturbing to think that the flowers are being removed as well as the pitchers. The flowers have a dual appeal. They are sellable with the petals as well as without and are very long lasting. I have mentioned it to the buyer and explained the situtation but there is money to be made so the purchasing of the pitchers will not stop. Very sad indeed.

I received no reply from ebay, but the listing has now disappeared.

Back