What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia ID?

I got this plant 3 years ago from a grab bag of random rhizomes on eBay and I still have no clue as to what it exactly is. I cross-pollinated it with a S. x mooreana last year and I'd like to update the tag for my seedlings.

GDDni50.jpg

yN3LCum.jpg

33YbDfm.jpg

nAB2W9p.jpg

Some observations:
  1. It doesn't grow phyllodia in the the fall and winter.
  2. The tallest pitcher right now is about 11 inches.
  3. It produces a crop of thin pitchers in the late spring-early summer then produces more robust pitchers in the late summer-early fall.
  4. Older pitchers in the late summer have more pronounced vertical venation.

Any info would be appreciated.

From the information you gave, along with the colors of the flowers, I would guess it is a cross between alata an rubra. However, as we don't know exactly what it is, don't give it a true label.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was leaning more towards an alata x rubra cross but to be on the safe side, I'll just keep it labeled as a unknown hybrid.

Now that I look at it, I'd have to agree with TOG, but yes, don't actually label it.

Back