What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety Of My Fertilizers For Foliar Feeding

JB in Utah

Come To The Light. . .
I just wanted to drop a quick line here to get some responses to confirm my own research:

I have two different fertilizers that I wish to use for foliar feeding this year, please realize these are fertilizers I currently own for other plants and did not buy them just for CPs I will likely do 1/4 dilution to be on the safe side. I have italicized things that concern me.

First up is "Fert-i-lome Acid Loving Formula" with a ratio of 31-11-11 that I'll be using on my VFTs, Sarrs, Cobra, and Dews
Chemicals in the fertilizer are as follows - Monoammonium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate and Urea.

Second is the 'Better-Gro Orchid Plus" with a ratio of 20-14-13 that I want to use on my Heli, Neps, and Mexican Pings
Chemicals in the fertilizer are as follows - Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Borate, Sodium Molybdate, Copper EDTA, Iron EDTA, Manganese EDTA, Zinc EDTA

Unfortunately I am not a chemist or very well acquainted with CP Fertilizers, so any advice or suggestions would be helpful, my number one priority with fertilizer is not to kill my plants. Thanks for your help.

I'd avoid any urea-based fertilizers and rethink giving any, whatsoever, to VFTs . . .

Thanks Bella, I did a little more research on Urea, it's really only useful for soil fertilization which is not what I will be doing. The other stuff is safe enough though, plus there are a lot of micronutrients in it. Got the information I needed.

Back