What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road Trip, where do I go to see CPs?

I'm on vacation and going from Maine down the east coast to Florida, then across the south to California.
I want to see some carnivorous plants in the wild, also any good botanical gardens and cp nurserys.
I can't find much online and would like some recomendations on where to go.
I left yesterday and will be in DC today, checking out the nations capital.
The only place I know to go so far is california carnivors.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Peace,
Zero

sounds like you're going to the right places. I don't know where I know if you google online you can find places that will tour you on where to find VFT's.

But you need to remember they are dormant now too.

Atlanta Botanical Garden. Lots of Neps and Helies in the high eleveation house. Some Neps in the orchid house. Another batch of Neps in the room behind the desert house (with the gant glass sculpture in it). And the bogs (which don't look too great what with it being winter and all.)

Stop in NC and I'll give you one of the best cp tours you'll ever get.

Huntington Gardens in LA has an awesome new cp exhibit. I personally haven't been but that's where they moved all Leo Song's stuff from CSUF.

I'm on your way out of Los Angeles, and would be happy to show off my humble collection, just let me know. We could also drop by the local botanic garden and see the cp bog in all its dormant glory. Then you could take the PCH up the coast, hit the top surfing spots, and cruise on into the Bay Area for CC and lots of amazing private collections. Drive a few hours north from the Bay Area and you'll hit the first D. rotundifolia populations. And if you continue on towards the Oregon border, there are a few beautiful Darlingtonia sites. And P. macroceras ssp. nortensis.

Peter

You must have ample opportunity to see northeastern CPs up in Maine. I used to see them everywhere. You're certainly taking a route through or near the major Sarracenia habitats. Too bad it isn't several months later, but it'll be a nice trip no matter what you find along the way. Are you going down I-95 and across I-10 or will you stray off the highway?

Back