What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ringo.com is closing

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
After year of hosting my pics at ringo.com, they are closing at the end of this month. I probably have at least 1000 pics hosted there.

That means at the end of the month none of my pics that I've posted will be visible here.

I am working on moving my pics to another site, but I don't know when or if I will get the links fixed on this site.

So if you see a post of mine that has no pics, you'll know why.

Why is it closing? Isn't it a pretty good host? That would be so annoying shifting all the old pictures to another site...

xvart.

I don't know. I thought it was a great site. Trust me it is annoying.

That stinks. Its annoying that they only gave you a month's notice. Mabye you could try getting someone to help you? ??? Thats a lot of pictures to lose.

It's funny because you can still register for an account. I guess they want to suck up every advertising penny...

xvart.

mmm, i might try to start my own picture hosting site, without shutting it down.

Well in know with photobucket, you can upload the photos via URLS

I'm looking at other options including photobucket. Right now my priority is to save the pics.

These sites really should have some sort of option of "download all" or even a CD download purchase program. I like photobucket, they've added some better ways to upload recently.

xvart.

Yeah man, I got that email too. I went to Ringo's site and saw that there was no mention of it so I started to wonder if it was just some sort of phishing scam or something...

Well, time to find a new host. :-\ I'll let you know what folks recommend to me when I ask them where I should move. lol

I didn't get an email. I was going to upload some pics for the auction and when I tried it went to a screen that said they were closing.

So you uploaded all your pics but don't have them on your hard drive anywhere?

Back