What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republicans looking out for the rich

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    led
Jest a thoought. I don't have time to read allyour post, maybe someone has already said this.
This is my opinion in a nutshell

Bush from texas + oil =
I think that you all are intelligent and can figure out how to finish this

Ergo when the .gov taxes a company more they are actually taxing YOU more. You should not be happy about such idiocy. Of course people will cheer though.

Alien, we realize that corporate taxes are passed on to consumers. It's just a different kind of tax. Like user fees at parks or bridge tolls. Corporate taxes exist so this fictitious entity called a corporation is not able to shield, grow, spend, invest, an otherwise manipulate money, for the ultimate benefit of shareholders, without paying tax. It's only fair. Most of us are not personally incorporated, so we are taxed on our wages via the income tax. If we were rich, we could form corporations, which if they were not taxed, could accumulate money the same way as an individual like you or me would, year after year, tax free. That would give corporations (groups of shareholders) tax-free earnings for as long as they want, while at the same time shielding the participants from personal liability. It's just an unfair tax dodge for those who have the luxury of "incorporating" their earning power.

If anything, corporate rates should model the personal income tax rates.

Capslock

Republicans looking out for the rich? That's not news!

actually both sides look out for themselves equally well.....the dems do everything to keep themselves in power and money in their pockets.....actually its extreamly rare to find a politician that doesnt.....so claiming the repubs do it is leaving out the facts that most democrats likely have huge amounts of money tied up in oil company stocks aswell....hell any good portfolio does........

actually both sides look out for themselves equally well.....the dems do everything to keep themselves in power and money in their pockets.....actually its extreamly rare to find a politician that doesnt.....so claiming the repubs do it is leaving out the facts that most democrats likely have huge amounts of money tied up in oil company stocks aswell....hell any good portfolio does........

Yes, but, at least Democrats look out for the poor. Both suck in different ways. Democrats are the FAR lesser of the two evils. I'm an Independent myself, lean democratic.

they do not "look out for the poor" they give hand outs cause thats theit major voting block....if nothing else Katrina showed us that sitting and giving ppl handouts all their lives is a piss poor idea....those ppl had no will at all to take their lives into their own hands....they sat around and waited for someone to come rescue them when any of them could have loaded up a backpack and WALKED to safety........i live in an area like that....i sat and watched tribal leaders sit and preach to our governor for a half hour how they were a sovereign nation and turn right around and say that the state needed to give them more handouts....doesnt matter that their reservation, which is bigger than the state of Rhode Island, is sitting on more oil than prolly any other indian reservation in the US, they are just to used to living on handouts to do a damn thing for themselves and drill for the oil and making the tribe rich......they would rather do nothing and live on government handouts.....i have ZERO interest in perpetuating this kinda life style.....christ stores are closing down here not because there is no market for goods and no money to be made but because even with the highest unemployment rate in the state you CAN NOT FIND GOOD WORKERS CAUSE THEY ALL PREFER TO SIT ON WELFARE! or steal you blind.......having grown up in a poor home, with both parents working two jobs, being on food stamps just to feed us, yes i know there is a need for such a program but until it is revamped i will not support the current system cause there are far more leeches than ppl its truely helping to get on their feet....

x2 on everything rattler just said.

Anyone else remember during Katrina those degenerates kept getting arrested for getting back in line to try and get a second check? And then most of the people spent it on gold chains/rims/other stupid :censor:. They knew it was going to be a category 5, refused to leave despite many warnings, begged for free money for their stupidity, got some, wanted more, blew the money on complete nonsense, wanted more, then continued living in gov't supplied trailers for years, and still want more. Last I heard, they are getting diseases from the glue used in the trailers, and saying the gov't intentionally did that to make them sick on purpose. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Ugh I can't sand socially worthless individuals.

That is the best satirical video I have ever seen!

I just love that hehe.

Ugh that was absolutely stupid, especially the health part. Yeah, those Democrats really are going to cure AIDS or cancer if you just let them in office!

By the nature of the disease, there will never be a cure for AIDS. A vaccine to prevent it is the best we could ever hope for. Which of course, if a Democrat was in office, we would immediately get. :jester:

Whoever made that video should be embarrassed.
/facepalm

The fact that you can type in: imvotingdemocrat.com and it redirects you to imvotingrepublican.com makes me laugh.

WASHINGTON - With gasoline topping $4 a gallon, President Bush urged Congress on Wednesday to lift its long-standing ban on offshore oil and gas drilling, saying the United States needs to increase its energy production. Democrats quickly rejected the idea.

yep the demo's sure want to drop the price of oil all right.......opening up the continental shelf to more drilling will up the potential supply and speculators wouldnt freak out everytime someone in the Middle East sneezes.....

Yeah, the $1.50 a gallon gas during a DEMOCRAT, Bill Clinton, was SO bad. During a REPUBLICAN, it's now over $4.00.

I think we all need to put another Democrat back into office.

Obama '08!

8 years ago there was more in the only reserves being drilled. Expansion hasn't kept up with demand, and the Middle East sucks. It has nothing to do with a Republican being pres.
Clinton was an idiot too. Most Dems like to bash Bush for going into Iraq for oil, but Clinton admitted he went into Bosnia solely for oil.

Lol @ false humanitarianism.

Yeah, the $1.50 a gallon gas during a DEMOCRAT, Bill Clinton, was SO bad. During a REPUBLICAN, it's now over $4.00.

I think we all need to put another Democrat back into office.

Obama '08!

And how do you suppose Obama is going to bring the prices back down? He made it very clear that he won't drill in ANWR. He better start kissing OPECs butt.
We could always "go green" if you feel like being broke billions of dollars.

I usually keep my mouth shut on these topics, but this is just ridiculous...

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed.

xvart.

Last edited:
There are plenty of places to drill - literally thousands of approved drilling sites full of oil that are not being drilled. Opening ANWR won't solve anything. Obama may not bring down gas prices. But hopefully he will - he's committed to alternative sources and funding technological development. Hopefully he's willing to regulate the oil industries to keep them from manipulating the price (by keeping supply short). I think the chances are pretty good prices would fall. Having said that, I think McCain would ALSO bring down gas prices. He's proposing new nuclear power plants - lots of them. This eases demand and will lower prices.

Our gas prices are high because we've put OIL men into office. They WANT high prices because they bring in the record profits they have been enjoying. This is no coincidence! So we will get lower prices simply by not electing oil men. McCain, Obama, either way prices are coming down.

Capslock

My point was that he doesn't seem to be doing anything about it, and that oil prices have nothing to do with the political party the president represents.

Our gas prices are high because we've put OIL men into office. They WANT high prices because they bring in the record profits they have been enjoying. This is no coincidence! So we will get lower prices simply by not electing oil men. McCain, Obama, either way prices are coming down.

oil if freaking high because we let snot nosed brats barely out of college dictate what oil prices are....its a commodity sold on the open world market just like gold.....yes opening ANWR and the coastal shelves will drop the price of oil EVEN IF THEY ARE LEFT UNTOUCHED FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS....why? because it means we CAN drill them....all the sudden we arent worried about an assassination attempt on the Shah of Iran or some 16 year old crazy rag head with a pickup full of C4 in down town Bagdad deciding to blow his arse to his 72 virgins panicking the ppl at Wall Street and sending oil up another $10 a barrel.....even if we dont drill them but just open them to drilling it means the snot nosed brats on the stock exchange dont decide they are worried that OPEC may make a shortage in 5 years like caused one of the last jumps...

xvart: I have an opinion. That is my opinion that Ron Paul was the only decent Republican this year. I'm surprised you didn't realize that was an opinion. I find your post offensive especially since you're bashing me for an OPINION.

Obama will probably lower it some, but, I hope he can come up with alternative energy. Not only should it not be so expensive, but, it would be CLEAN.

I'm sick of being bashed. I'm posting my opinion.

I simply cannot support John McCain. I was neutral a little bit for awhile but I simply cannot support McCain, ever since I learned he called Chelsea Clinton ugly, because her father was Janet Reno, among other things. To be completely honest, I do not have 100% confidence in Obama though, but, it is overwhelmingly huge compared to McCain.

Back