What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reppoting and dividing, Sarracenia cateasbaei

Reppoting and dividing, Sarracenia catesbaei

Finally the last of my plants to be divided! It was last weekend. After it I was able to do some overall counting after all the reppotings, "only" 78 plants from the 7 bought last year! The catesbaei was the recordist, got 24 growing points and split rhizomes from this pot, though 1 of them the leaves split from the roots when I was cleaning old growth. Also noticed that the first pitchers from this year from each rhizome are way bigger than the ones from last year. Now the photos ;)

Before:

The two larger rhizomes, and all the others, before cleaning old and dead growth. They were too many for individual pics and I got lazy for that :-D

Group photo in the end.

If you notice in the last photo there are 2 pitchers in the pot on the right. Is there a way to conserve them dry and well shaped?

Hey there I_P,
Gr8 Score on the Catesbaei
if there is any of the rhizome left on the leaves, they should grow new roots. jest place the plant on top of some damp LFSM. I have about the same results with or without rooting hormone.
Lois

WOW!!!! Awesome!

Tom

Wonderfull. Thanks for sharing with us

Back