What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

repot nepenthes ventricosa

uphwiz

jimmy
I've had my ventricosa nep. about a year It had great pitchers all summer the soil LFS was picked out by a bird near the end of summer, but I just brought it in now that days are shorter .

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I was hoping to repot now unless some one thinks better to wait . the soil mix looks fairly spent as in very dark and somewhat slimey Like to give it a nice rinse with rain water and place it in some new mix, suggestions on mixes would be helpfull I keep it in a south window through winter. it gets a little extra light in the form of two 20 watt grow bulbs with my other nep.s and orchids, It still looks great and appears to have two red spots on the top at the base of the top two leaves where they meet the (basal?) is that what the main stem is called

Back