What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The title says it all! I traded with some of you last year and built an amazing collection of flytrap cultivars. I moved to Indiana in early August, left the plants on a private patio, and returned a week later to find that someone stole everything that was there. Fortunately, I was out of town bringing back the rest of my collection, which is now stored safely in secure greenhouses on the Purdue University campus. The plants are being used to produce a series of documentaries.

So I need help relocating some of those fly trap cultivars. I have about a dozen Dionea muscipula 'King Henry' plants just waking up from dormancy. I'm sorting through the collection of sarracenia now and will likely have something to trade there, as well.

Help!

This is terrible to hear about. Nothing more worthless than a thief. I wish I could help you, but I don't choose to grow VFT cultivars. Good luck with rebuilding your collection though.

SEE.. it happens! So I'm not just being paranoid.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I'm not a big VFT person, but I've got a couple clumps of sawtooth seedlings here.

Thanks Lois! Some of those plants originally came from you.

Sad thing is, when someone steals these plants from a collector we pretty much know what's going to happen to them. I had all of those fly traps and a huge, beautiful psittacina that I had grown from seed. Wonder how long they lasted...

I can help you out with some Big Mouth OZ. PM me.

i really wish i had vfts to help u out its stories like this that make me want to give lol best of luck and may the flees of ten thousand camels infest the thiefs armpits

If interested I have extra Petite Dragon, Bohemian Garnet, and Big Mouth if those are ones you'd need. All are very small though, and just coming out of dormancy.

Extra "Czech Giant", "Fang", typicals, 'Bigmouth', and a couple others as well. Send me a pm gr8oz.

Hey Oz please comtact me @ my email address Grannelo@aol.com I think that I can help you out
Lois

I can help you out with some Big Mouth OZ. PM me.

Extra "Czech Giant", "Fang", typicals, 'Bigmouth', and a couple others as well. Send me a pm gr8oz.

Just another showing of how giving members can be here. People's generosity never ceases to amaze me. Big props to ALL of you! :hail:

Gr8oz: How long have you been in IN? I just made the trip to W. Laf about 2 weeks to present my thesis research on Sarrs. Too bad we didn't meet up, would have been nice to chat CPs for a bit.

Hi French3z,

I agree...the generosity here is and always has been amazing!

I moved to WL in August of 2011. Let me know the next time you're in town and we'll meet up.

Oz

Hi French3z,

I agree...the generosity here is and always has been amazing!

I moved to WL in August of 2011. Let me know the next time you're in town and we'll meet up.

Oz

Best of luck with school Oz, my sister actually attends PU and loves it.

I'm not sure when I'll be up there next but I'm only 2 hours away (Muncie), maybe we're due for another get together here in the Midwest ;)

Back