What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-introduction

Hello. I first joined this forum in 2007 at age 14 and it was a big part of my life for many years. Growing carnivorous plants was my first real hobby and I was nerdy about them. In 2015 I had some terrible things happen in my life and I fell into a dark hole of depression for several years. I'll spare the details as it's a really long story and much of it is personal. Anyways. I am trying to rebuild my life. It's been a long battle but I'm doing a lot better now. I've been trying to get back into my hobbies and figured it might be good for my mental health to be active on the forum again. I feel sad about how many plants I've lost but I am slowly rebuilding my collection. :)
I miss posting pictures of plants and occasionally trading.
Anyways. Happy to be here again. I'll be updating my growlist in the future!

:welcome: Welcome back! I completely dropped out of growing carnivorous plants years ago and came back as well. I definitely find it good for my head. I certainly remember you. 'Bet you will soon build a collection that's even better than before.

Welcome back - I think I remember your name from back in the day. I recently returned to the CP world and the forum after dropping out for very different reasons and at a much more advanced age.

You might find the forum has a much slower pace than you remember, it certainly seems slower than I remember. But I check in on the forum at least a couple times a week and I've gone from zero to one to five plants, all Sarrs, in the last year+. It's nice to be back in it.

Yeah I figure the forum has largely been replaced by Facebook groups and such. It is slower than I remember

Yeah I figure the forum has largely been replaced by Facebook groups and such. It is slower than I remember
Welcome back! Your username seems familiar. I had dropped out for several years myself and have recently come back.

Things have definitely changed here. I've been poking around on the Facebook groups, but don't care for them much. Hard to search for and get back to information on there.

While I do find Fb to be useful, at least sometimes, I find Terra Forums to be less frenetic and just more comfortable. It is certainly less active than it has been in the past but that is simply a matter of how many people choose to post here. We can build it to higher levels of activity if enough agree that would be a good thing. This place is definitely a treasure trove of hard to find information.

Welcome back! This is actually my first time replying to a thread in over 6 years so I'm glad I'm not the only one coming back.

I too have lost a lot of plants over the years, including my bog garden and some indoor plants.

I have a few Neps that survived from my previous collection, but I've been ramping things up over the last year and a half with new VFTs and Sarrs that I could find locally.

But I'm about to basically double my collection with 6 new Neps, 4 Dews, and a Mexican Ping that I ordered a few days ago. I'm pretty excited to reconnect with everyone here, even if it's a bit quieter now.

Back