What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Randy Quaid Dead of Alcohol Poisoning at Age 61

losfreddy

Composter
Houston Chronicle
July 4, 2011

randyquaid.png

HOUSTON- Actor Randy Quaid has died from an apparent overdose of alcohol and painkillers early this past Monday evening- medical examiners said. The 61-year-old film star died “of an acute intoxication” from a combination of painkillers and alcohol.

According to the Harris County Sheriffs Office, a frantic 911 call made early Monday evening lead authorities to the scene where an unconscious Randy Quaid lay dormant and dying on the floor of his North Houston home. Quaid was rushed to Memorial Herman Hospital suffering from the effects of severe alcoholism.

Quaid was pronounced dead shortly after arrival to Memorial Herman Hospital. His death is believed to be the result of respiratory failure due to alcohol and painkillers.

The Drug Enforcement Administration is launching an investigating into his death to find out how Quaid got a hold of the prescription drugs, believed to be Oxycontin. An autopsy and toxicology report will be preformed to determine the true cause of death and to find out if any other drugs were in Quaid's system.

Quaid is best known for his role as Cousin Eddie in the National Lampoon's Vacation movies, as well as his numerous supporting roles in films such as The Last Detail, Independence Day, Kingpin and Brokeback Mountain.

Randy Quaid will be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Man, that blows...

This is completely fake.

1) In this thread, there is no link (url, address, etc) to the original article. Already suspicious

2) I then checked Fox News to see if they had anything (his death would be front page news)

3) Thinking that this may be a new news story, I then hopped over to IMDB to check out Randy's page there. No articles in his feed. I checked his message boards and no new activity since 3 days ago.

4) I then went to the Houston Chronicle (it says the original article was sourced from there) and found absolutely nothing.

He didn't die.

Hmm, appears you're right wolfn. Must be an "Independence Day" joke.

News papers are not publishing today either. I would have been really sad if 'cousin eddy' died

Wow, I just got done watching him in Independence Day. heh. That sucks.

Edit: Ok after doing my own search for news, I now see other peeps comments.. Yeah Im pretty sure this is BS.

"Independence Day joke"?
hmmm..not funny.

Scot

Back