What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rajah hybrids

so far i know about two or three natural hybrids. they are:
rajah x burbidgea
rajah x stenophylla
rajah x villosa?

are there others, natural and non?

I've seen tentaculata x rajah. It is not a natural hybrid, it was crossed by one of the park rangers at Kinabalu, and then planted in rajah habitat. Irresponsible in my view, but all sorts of things like that happen.

N. fusca x rajah.  I've been tying to locate a photo of this plant.
Also: N. macrophylla x rajah

Hi all:

I wonder how wonderful a macrophylla X rajah may be. Perhaps like a x kinabaluensis, but definitely not a fast grower.
I'd prefer something like ventricosa X rajah or a spectabilis X rajah. Perhaps these may grow faster.

Gus

ok this is what i want to see wether it will work out or not
ahem....Rajah x(macrophylla x lowii)
now how slow would that grow
smile_m_32.gif

id like to see rajah x truncata"highland" think of how big the pitchers will be
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Don't forget N. macrovulgaris x rajah (I'm not making this up)

No clue how that happened, I remember seeing it listed as a natural hybrid in a book

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ Feb. 05 2006,7:28)]Also:  N. macrophylla x rajah
Hmmm, never heard of that one before. There is a natural hybrid involving N. rajah and N. edwardsiana, though.

I think it arises from confusing nomenclature. Macrophylla is endemic to Trusmadi, rajah endemic to Kinabalu, so you'll not find a natural hybrid. Given that edwardsiana (which is endemic to a small patch of Kinabalu) used to be called macrophylla ssp. edwardsiana, the literature is often muddled.

sydney: wrong! it used to be called N. Edwardsiana ssp macrophylla and another used to be N. Edwardsiana ssp Villosa these two were then made species and turned into N. macrophylla and N. Villosa.

shame on you nepsydney, how could you invert names like that.

Does that mean there is an edwardsiana x rajah out there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]edwardsiana x rajah

It is listed in 'Nepenthes of Borneo', but no mention of it in the text.

Back