What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 weeks ago I ordered a D. nitidula x pulchella pygmy sundew.  It has 5 small sundews growing in the same pot and all of them were flowering (the flowers seem spent).  They had no dew on arrival and still haven't produced any.   They are currently in my terrarium with the rest of my plants that are all thriving.  The temperature is usually 78F - 80F during the day and 68F during the night with an average humidity of roughly 65%-80%.  The terrarium also gets very good air circulation.  Each sundew is putting out new growth that looks fine but none of them have any dew.  Does anyone know why?  Would greatly appreciate any comments and suggestions.

P.S. carpet moss seems to be taking over the pot.

Chris

You can scrape the carpet moss out for the time being. As for the sundews, dew production is largely a function of light. They love lotsa light. However, the loss of dew is the result of shipping shock. Once the plants get over the shock, the new leaves will have dew.

Back