What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pygmy flowers

I need to know if I can let them flower continously without slowing their growth or if I should cut the flowers like VFT. This is my first time with pygmies and I'm not quite sure. Thanks for your responses, Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are flowering also and it doesn't slow down the growth and really that cutting off the flower on a VFT thing is only for VFT but you only have to cut the flower off of a VFT if it's 2 years or younger and i would let them flower and enjoy the beuti.

I have a few Drosera nitidula x pulchella that have flowered pretty much nonstop for about a year and a half. I've never cut the flowers - but even if doing so would have made the plants grow faster, pygmies don't take a long time to grow to their full size anyway. Theoretically, the only growth you'd be speeding up is leaf production.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do just fine with the flowers - except for D. lasiantha and D. sargenti .... but maybe there were other factors?

Thanks everyone. A flower they will be.

Back