What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progress of my N. effulgent koto cuttings

I thought I would post a few pics of the koto cuttings I won in a recent giveaway hosted by a VERY generous member. The cutting were so big I cut up into 3pcs.

They are so happy you can almost hear them singing.
367.jpg

This one has another growth point not quite poking through the media.
369.jpg

You can just see a third growth point at the base of this one.
371.jpg

Here they are at home in their tents. It won't be long before they can come out and play. :banana2:
376.jpg

Thanks again for your generosity!

My pleasure buddy. Glad to see they're doing so well for you.
Just be careful.. The mother plant went from 1ft tall to 6.5ft tall in only a year.
These may look cute and cuddly now, but you just wait until they start demanding blood.

They look great! congrats!!!

Mass, hhhmmm...... maybe that will be the excuse I need to expand my grow area into something like yours!
By the way, those... "other cuttings" are starting to strike as well.

Last edited:
Tje25, thanks! By the way, that poidog cutting is starting to activate it's dormant node. I swear I can see it starting to swell a bit already. Hopefully I'll have some pics of it to post in another month or two.

well done with the cuttings,from 1ft to 6.5 in a year is crazy it must of loved masses green house

Congrats, 'Effulgent Koto' is a really nice plant!

Nice. I've had very good success with cuttings too and it's been my first time. So I know how you feel. Hope they grow very well and make lots of cute pitchers.

Now a few days later I'm getting some damage on the edges of one leaf and some splotches on another. Is this something to worry about?

398.jpg

401.jpg

393.jpg

Maybe I'm getting worried over nothing, but I really want these to succeed.
I am still keeping these bagged as in the previous photos, but I'm thinking it's about time to start acclimating them to normal humidity.

Last edited:
Back