What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with sealing a greenhouse door

I have the frames, but had to recover my greenhouses because the plastic deteriorated. I'm very pleased with how well it is holding the heat in and the plants are happy. The problem I've got is the doors. I put velcro on the plastic to seal the door, but when I open it all it does is pull the velcro from the plastic. So it's not working. Any ideas how to make a door?

Maybe put some fabric or something on the other side of the plastic and use a stapler to go through the velcro/plastic/fabric(or something) the idea of something on the back is to sandwich the plastic so the staple just doesn't pull through it.
Andrew

I doubt I'm understanding correctly, with zero experience with greenhouses, but are you having trouble keeping the door closed and sealed? If so, I might have an idea...

Aadenarn has it correct, the velcro is very strong and will stay sealed, but the problem is that it will not stay on the plastic. When I pull to open the doors the velcro pulls off of the plastic. I was thinking about putting another strip of something on the other side of the velcro and sewing it so that when I open the door it is not pulling on the plastic but is pulling on whatever I put on the other side. So we are thinking along the same lines there...

Back