What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presidential debate

true... but they give you clues to their personalities.

Alpha, I never said to not do anything. I said to look for new blood among those parties already there, or maybe you could start your own. I only know that neither of the present political parties are doing a dam thing for us. They go about their business as though we, the people, don't count. I only know that if we don't break away from the stale rhetoric from both parties, we are in deep stuff. Everything I hear is the same old, reconstituted, let me regurgitate this crap on you, bull that I have heard for years, and am tired of hearing. I don't care about Kerry's or Bush's records. They are old hat, get fat, politicians, and we don't need this anymore. Our own Constitution says that if this Government doesn't appear to be working right, stop, and start over again. I am prepared to do just that, but feel that I am standing alone. Fresh parties, fresh faces, new ideas, and our government back, that is what I yearn for. Enough is enough. Out with the old, and in with the new. And I don't mean Nader either.

I think Bugweed is right but it is comparable to the oil/energy debate. I agree that finding a new fuel is a wise decision and being that i am in the heart of corn country, I know about ethanol and its advantages. The problem is people really hate to stop and start over. Where the heck do we start how do we make transision from one to the other and so on. I think Bugweeds idea is something alot of people privately entertain but have no idea where to start how to go about it and so on. Out of fear of no following and being left standing alone nobody wants to try to start it over again, not to mention would that be construed as a conspiracy and land you 3 hots and a cot? I must confess I am among those who settle for as close as I'll probably get when it comes to politics. I settle for Bush, I don't like everything about him but I really don't like Kerry sooo.........the cycle continues.

JLAP, I too agree that very little of what is brought up is actually very relevant to abilities as a powerful leader. I personally am not vain or brave enough to cosmetically alter myself (well except tattoos) but it is legal and farthest from my concerns about his leadership.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The problem is people really hate to stop and start over. Where the heck do we start how do we make transision from one to the other and so on

OHH poor people! ....so we do it out of conveinence? the easy way? we are going to have to change evantuallu.

Bugweed while the idea is great theres hundreds of unrecognized 'parties' out there with small numbers of voters. But i think your proposals would appeal to many people. The only problem is getting the word out. But people dont change parties eisly. But i feel you could get the requierd 5,000 signatures to get on some states ballots. And in Rhode island, the requierments for running for presedent is... none! (because no one gives a S#*@ about 3 electoral votes)

Finch, those are the parties I was talking about. They are already there, check them out, and choose between them. No way will I ever vote Demo or Repub again. I have always voted my conscience as I feel those who just vote party leave their Brains parked at the door, giving nothing new a chance. I think Bush a disaster, I think Kerry dull and boring.(If Bob Dole had showed the American people his excellent sense of humor, I would have voted for him, but he squelched that, and came across like a mortician.) Bush is an idiot, Kerry and Edwards, self serving (Party BS you understand). How can any one of you not research the facts for yourself, or is it easier to stay uninformed, listening to party rhetoric, voting mindlessly along party lines. My God! No wonder we are floundering as a Nation.

lol, i never thought about it, but Gore does remind me of a mortician lmao

he also has that nice, 3 days dead look about him lmao. maybe gore isn't even human, maybe he's a robot.

whoops, sorry about that! i need to pay more attention but same thing applies to gore imo..

gore would have made a superb president however.

remeber when gore tried to stand by bush so he'd look bigger and he thought that it would impress somebody

He said Dole (Bob Dole) not Gore. Somebody skip a line?

Duh Finch, America is all about conveinience. Why do you think we meet on here instead of walking to each others house? Seriously, it is the truth, the smaller parties are subtly laughed at and so not many want to join. Do you want to join a group of people who are laughed about. Look at Nader just as an ex. How many people do you think actually know anything about what Nader stands for or his history, what he does, Do you even know what he looks like? He never had a chance from the start cause he's outside the political box.

Joe

One of naders campein stops was nearby (Siox Falls), and i did see some of it. I was not impressed.

Like it or not the two main parties our part of the future. For better or for worse. Some poeple say to nader "if your not part of the future then get out of the way." Thats not even a original statement, its verse from a song! Tells you a bit about the people who say it. I fully beleive Nader has a right to run if he wants to.

And superimposedhope, that convenience is part of the reason why Americans are the fattest people in the world.

True that!
Thats one group I'm not apart of.

JOE

americans are only fat because we have so much money and luxury. we dont have to work out when we can watch a dvd instead. we dont have to cook healthily for oruselves when we can go get SuperSized! it's really sad how americans get too fat then whine about how people make fun of them.

BTW Joe, are you a manson fan? i noticed what it says above your avatar and i was just wondering.

Hell yeah vote independant. Michael Badnarik all the way! I'm a member of the libertarian party because I think we need something else. The repubs and the dems really don't seem to accomplish much unless it is in their interest. Third parties though don't seem to have these problems as they are actually in it for the politics instead of the power. I was actually suprised the other day though when I was driving down the road and saw a vote for Badnarik sign in someones front yard. Also if you want to check out a site that has ever bit of information on almost every individual then I highly reccomend this one Vote smart

americans are fat b/c they're lazy and can LIVE lazy.

JLAP, Yes I am. I don't dress the style anymore cause I had to grow up with kids, but I still love the music.

Americans are overweight because parents don't feel like spending the time to make meals for their families. Children are the real overweight problem, most of the adults started out at healthy weights and declined with age but the kids are becoming overweight at the youngest ages yet. This is also compiled with the fact that parents are also not spending quality time with their kids and the kids are just spending time in front of the TV or gamesystems or anything except physical activities. Infants are going from breastmilk or formula right into pop and happy meals. To top it off we are living in an age where nothing is anybodies fault everything is a disease or dysfunction or syndrome, or disorder, etc.... and instead of dealing with life and its difficulties they are being told its OK to live behind these excuses. When another child finds these weaknesses the "disordered" child doesn't know how to cope with the real world and the people in it. Dr. Phil said it best: " When I was a kid all the kids we now call ADHD or ADD were just bratty kids with poor parenting"

Joe

Sorry, I got off topic
confused.gif

well, i truely believe in disorders, diseases, and syndromes, but i agree they are handing out ritalin like candie to kids these days, when most of them dont need it but are just full of energy.

and marilyn manson ROCKS!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]we dont have to cook healthily for oruselves when we can go get SuperSized

Thats why they are called convenience foods

Finch, You are funny. It is actually, crap in the sack!

I must admit I am baffled by the fuss aboput McDonalds not changing the oil to be more healthy. First of all: If you are going to McDonalds to eat healthy, I am not sure you deserve to lose weight. Of all the junk in FAST FOOD is the oil quality of real importance? After all thats why they call it FAST FOOD and not WELL THOUGHT OUT, PREPARED, PLANNED MEALS.

Wheres the connection to presidents you might ask; well Bugweed mentioned getting fat on something and fast food is a good place to start for getting fat.
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif

Joe

..uhh, what happend to the Presidential debate convo? lol

Back