What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presidential debate

Who watched it, (or is watching it) and what is your opinion of it? I'm currently watching it and i think that Bush is gonna burst into tears anytime soon. He stuttered, "mmh'ed" and sighed more than what he talked. Maybe he was nervous?
smile_l_32.gif

aww man!!!! I wish I had seen it! darn it!!!! I wanna see him cry! LOL
I'm so evil... GO KERRY!

It's still on luis, turn to NBC. it started at 9:00, ends at 11:00

oh im missing it!

I think Bush has it by a mile. I'm a Bush fan and my mind was already made up though. I must admit I did get a clearer sense of what Kerry stands for now. It was hard to tell before tonight. (flip-flop)
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

I agree Joe. Kerry has been stating one thing then stating a different a little later in the debate. I don't care about a studder or stammer as long as it is sincere and consistent!
smile.gif

I think Bush showed his true IQ. Kerry has never flipped flopped. That's just Bush campain lies.

Kerry had this Debate in the bag. He took the advantage early and never let go. And I especially loved how the networks showed almost nothing but reaction shots to spite the candidates
biggrin.gif

I really dislike both of them
smile_h_32.gif
I dont like the way Bush has done things or might continue doing things, but Kerry really scares me, I dont think he has any idea what to do...

Bush won the debate...

"....................................................................................
..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
.......................... and that's my plan for america!"

Nobody said anything!

Your vote doesn't amtter anyway unless you're in the electorial college so why bother?

Because the electors vote according to how you vote. I'll admit it's a diluted, but YOUR VOTE COUNTS. This is exactly the wrong attitude we need this and every election season. Florida's 20 electoral votes were decided by just over 100 voters. YOUR VOICE COUNTS! I for one and going thorugh grat pains trying to get registered in time for the election, and so should everyone. GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!!!!

That is rather naive.

There were what - two elections were the electors went against the popular vote.

More focus should be placed on the Electoral College and what goes on in that process.

Tweek

Politics, just what we all need. I saw almost all the debate, and it was what I expected. What I would really like to see are questions and answers that have not been rehearsed.

As for who I favor and why, that will remain confidential.

-Homer

Kerry was clearly the stronger man. Bush was constantly stumbling, thinking too long for responses, and showed lack of control. He was also incredibly vague and avoided many questions. Kerry did the same, but quite a bit less overall.

I am glad that Kerry was the person that ended up running against Bush. That way I am assured that we can have another 4 years of a president that has the stones to make the tough decisions and not be a 'yes man'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Sep. 30 2004,9:25)]I am glad that Kerry was the person that ended up running against Bush.  That way I am assured that we can have another 4 years of a president that has the stones to make the tough decisions and not be a 'yes man'.
wow...people really think like this...
confused.gif

kerry slaughtered bush. bush acted very defensive and wasn't articulate with his words, kerry, on the otherhand, is very charismatic. what kind of president calls someone a flip-flopper, honestly...

a conservative, opresssive (oh yes i went there!) president is the last thing this country needs
Bush is just a redneck from texas who's going to get alot of innocent people killed, oh wait, that's already happened.

Ignoring the message, and just going on presentation, Kerry definately came off better...no question.
but..the message is more important, and Bush still has the best plan, by far.
not flip-flopping? you gotta be kidding..he so obviously flip-flopped several times in the debate!
He said that when Bush told us the reasons for invading Iraq, he misled us.
but Kerry himself agreed with the president then!
Kerry fully supported and believed in that data! and agreed that "saddam must go"!
So he basically said "When I agreed with that infoprmation, and supported the decision to invade, I was right...when president bush told us that infomation, and used it as a basis for invading, he was WRONG! even though I fully agreed with the president then..."

classic example of having it both ways..Kerry makes himself look right no matter which way he goes..and even when he does the EXACT same thing as Bush, he is right, bush is wrong..classic flip-flop!
no question about it..

So Kerry came off as a better speaker, but he still had no message..
he spoke very well, but about nothing..
Bush seemed more flustered, but his message is still there..

Scot

I vew the subbject of flip floping as a singh of intelegence.

As we hear information, we form opinions and side for or againt certain subjects. A truly intelegent person will seak out more information, and if information is pretty much against their opinion, they will change it.

Changing your opinion on the grounds of evidence that you feel is cedeble is a singh of intelegence in my opinion. As you lern more, are your veiws constantly chanjing on subjects the more you learn?

Back