What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting pics

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
So do I seriously have to get my pics hosted in order to be posted on here or am I just too daft on how to upload from my computer? :crazy:

You have a blue name... you're a moderator and don't know? :lol:

You either have to host the pics somewhere else online or upload them to the TF galleries. :)

Moderators may be able to attach pictures directly to posts as can "Thank You" members.

If not you need to upload them to a picture hosting site like Photobucket, Flickr, or Picassa. Or you can use Andrew's picture host. See this thread for details.

All these sites should have a tool or option to upload your photos. Once they are uploaded you just need to copy and paste the URL(s) to the photo(s) you want to include in your post. These URLs need to be embedded between the BBcodes for images. Photobucket and other hosts can generate the BBC embedded code for you and all you need to do is paste this into your messages. Otherwise while composing your post you can click on the Insert Image button on the message editor toolbar (yellow button with mountain and sun) and paste the URL in the dialog box. This will add the IMG tags and paste the results into your message text.

Most of the picture hosting sites have free accounts with limitations on image size, bandwidth and storage. Be sure to read the TOS/EULA carefully. Some like Photobucket say you essentially give up your rights to the images unless certain conditions are met such as using private folders.

I've always wanted to ask this what is a thank you member????

I've always wanted to ask this what is a thank you member????

What is a Thank You Membership?

You can manually upload a file to TF. You can do so when clicking "post reply" or "new thread" and scrolling down to the additional options area. There click manage attacments and proceed...

Example of something I just grabbed from the PC I'm on....

Um... well I used to be a mod guess I need to talk with someone if I need to get them priveleges stripped since I havent been here for ages or not... its been about 3-4 years so be gentle :p I cant remember everything, after all I Am old...

Well maybe Andrew can create a "moderator emeritus" user setting so at least people know your standing in the community.

Back