What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please don't tell me, I have no room for a plant like that!

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Well my ventricosa has started to space out its leave more, and from what I heard this is signs of it soon to slowly turn into a vine. I really didn't think that a nep. would do this so soon after getting healthy again. It grew outside for most of the summer making descent pitchers soon to be filled with wasps, and the leaf span on the top unflooded leaf is 4.6 cm long and 1cm thick witch now is somwhat constant but, still getting longer as time goes on. I just noticed this on the last 3 or so leafs made. I have had the plant for about 3 years though it was small and only had one stem. Now it has two and started to make my old pot tip over so I transplanted it with its old soil and some pure peatmoss because of a lake of anything else. Here is a link with a few neps, and a purp. out of place. The biggest is the plant I am talking about. http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff291/antcatcher/my plants/ Any help would be great!

well...lol my friend, I am in the same boat. I hate neps vining...but unfortunately, thats their characteristic... they are VINES. And yes...I think it is getting ready to vine. According to Cindy's pictoral evidence, if u bend the vine BELOW the soil layer (IN LEVEL), it will trigger another offshoot. I have 6 offshoots in my ventrata pot. its just like a jungle there. you won't believe how packed it is. I just snapped off my miranda tip as I was tring to uncoil it from the grills. But I am not too worried as its a very healthy plant and may probably start a new offshoot. I stuck back the little piece in the soil to see if anything will come of it.

So yeah! sorry mate.. its getting ready to vine.

You could put it in a hanging pot and then put it by a window hanging from the ceiling with a stake in the soil to help with room. Or, just wait a few months and then make a ton of cuttings.

xvart.

Wait! Never mind!:blush: I Noticed the leaves of my plant was facing away from the window and it started growing to the window, it appeared to be vining do to the sudden turn. I just notice this after looking at the stem then seeing it start to turn. My bad.

Back