What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*PLANTS STOLEN* Help find the thief.

Well at least the word is out in a big way. Whoever has these plants will have to hide them. They can never show them to people or post photos of them to brag on their collection. It's like stealing a famous Picasso painting...it becomes nothing more than meaningless, selfish pleasure.

I'd like to make an appeal to the person/s responsible for the theft to return them to Tony. These are special plants and what a loss it would be to have them die in the hands of someone not capable of caring for them.

I know this is no joking matter. A thief is one of the most repulsive creatures on earth.

But what PAK said reminds me of a joke. This Joke is true in the case also because now virtually every cp'er in the world with a computer knows about this.

One day a preacher decided to pretend to be sick and have another minister preach one Sunday so he could go play golf.

God and St. peter was watching from heaven. As the preacher was about to tee off on the first hole, St. Peter looked at god and said, "You're gonna get him good aren't you. "

God said "Oh yeah"

The preacher hit the ball and made a hole in one. On the second hole he also got a hole in one.

St. Peter said to god, "I don't get it I thought you were gonna punish him"

God smiled and said "Keep watching"

The Preacher finished all 18 holes and he got an hole in one on every hole.

St. Peter said "I thought you were gonna punish him."

God said "I did"

St. Peter said "How did you punish him? He got 18 holes in one"

God said "Yeah but who's he gonna tell?"

Exactly!

Tony, we've been out of touch for a while and I'm so sad about this. Whoever did it will probably be reading these posts to stoke their pathetic ego. Assuming they can grow the plants and don't kill them, they will be caught eventually for sure. There are ways. I will PM you about this.

I would suggest that the thief returns the plants with an apology and relies upon your judgement as to what to do about it. Otherwise they can do one of two tnings, keep them and gloat over them or try to sell them. Either route will end in them being caught.

Rob

Thanks all for the kind words. The state police have a list of all the plants as well as pictures and other information. A number of the plants were one of a kind and identifiable.

My website is back up and running with a new host. I haven't done much updating but I will be posting a link to the list along with photos and my contact information regarding the theft.

I am hiring some help to work on the new greenhouse.

Tony

Tony, we've been out of touch for a while and I'm so sad about this. Whoever did it will probably be reading these posts to stoke their pathetic ego. Assuming they can grow the plants and don't kill them, they will be caught eventually for sure. There are ways. I will PM you about this.

I would suggest that the thief returns the plants with an apology and relies upon your judgement as to what to do about it. Otherwise they can do one of two tnings, keep them and gloat over them or try to sell them. Either route will end in them being caught.

Rob

Is there something set up for a "no questions asked" return? The idea of a reward may seem ridiculous but if it means getting them back then it may be a route to take. If presented with returning with no questions asked or returning with an apology and relying on Tony's judgment as to what to do the thief may not care for the unknown factor with the latter option.

I'm sorry this happened I really hope you recover your plants back I really wish things like this would never happen, but it does sadly I just hope the police or someone in the CP comunity or anyone for that matter will find something and report it to you and if I see anything on ebay, amazon, or any plant board I'll be sure to report it.

Tony, if you need my ninja skills....Just call.....All I need is a ski mask and an address....

Has anyone thought of contacting public greenhouses?

I doubt they would question the source of a donation. The theif could easily have gotten rid of them that way.

Or asked the greenhouse maybe to "babysit" their plants for "vacation" (while the heat dies off). That would be one way to "launder" the plants.

do we have any pics of these plants?

anything really noticable about the collection besides the N. Truncata .Black

Yeah especially when some of the plants that were stolen were not only yours but someone elses.

Namely some of my plants. :censor:

Back