What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant ID!!! HELP!!!

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
A relative has this in their house and we thought it would be a swell idea to make some cuttings to root and give to other family members... Just don't know what it is. Her daughter rescued it when it was really small and then it grew into this. My relative said that it used to have white, fuzzy little flowers that smelled really good every year but it stopped many years ago.

It's growing indoors next to a window. It's getting low light I guess... It has red-pink-orange-yellow mottled leaves as you can see. They are tall with a few branches.

jsjat2.jpg

33enckn.jpg

1247ry1.jpg

TIA :D

Got it 30 years ago... Maybe they don't import it anymore?

Yeah I has the same plant. I hope someone knows what its called :p

Naw I've seen stuff like this at random plant shops or maybe even Home Depot. But I don't know what it's called sorry

It called a croton (Codiaeum variegatum) a very common indoor house plant. Never seen one flower before though

Thanks!

Anyone know how to root a cutting??

I would suggest cutting off a piece and just sticking it in moist potting soil. If you have any, dust the ends with rooting hormone. I think I've had this before, and I *think* it roots rather easily.

Air-layering often works on housplants like this.

Back