What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

places to get mantid ootheca?

• Thread starter Nepfreak
  • Start date

Nepfreak

Nepenthesian
Does anybody know places in the US to buy mantid ooths? I can't seem to find any online.
Thanks,
Ben

the sad trueth and there is none. Ive spent my long hours searching, your best bet is to do the illegal, next time you visit europe, sneek an ootheca into an altoid case. the metal case will hide it fine form x-rays. Im only suggesting this and i really discourage you on doing this cuz its immoral and wrong... and so is j-walking and eating meat.

lol that sucks. oh well. I'm not going to sneak ootheca from europe... way too much trouble for a little bug that'll die anyway

wait-none in the US?

i've seen them at my local Lowes and Home Depot before! is there some new law?

I once saw one at Magic Wings, this butterfly garden place nearby... I raised caterpillars from larva to adult from them before so I trust them. I'll contact them and see if they have any more. Shame that you can't get them in America, it seems like a really cool hobby. I did go on to mantid forum and made a post asking what a good beginner's species would be. The post was deleted and I can't log on now. So either the mods are :censor: holes and gave me a ban or there's something wrong with my browser.

wait-none in the US?

i've seen them at my local Lowes and Home Depot before! is there some new law?

You can still buy certain U.S. "native" species at places like Lowes and Home Depot. There are laws about importing exotic mantids where you may need a permit. There are U.S. hobbyists who raise mantids to trade and sell.

I emailed a guy on mantidforum who had ghost mantids ooths for sale. So maybe... Thanks for the responses.

Back