What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula macrophylla

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here is a first photo of one of my Pinguicula macrophylla while it endures sixteen months without free water.

i-xNBPKh5-M.jpg

I have turned one plant into twenty or more, but have not yet managed to stimulate flowering.

Last edited:
What kind of water are you using and does this one prefer and alkaline environment? I've been using snow /rain water and the pH is 5.

Howdy jimscott,
I use R.O. water with a PPM <5. Sometimes I add a little soluble fertilizer and bring the PPM up to around 60-80. I use the R.O. water because I use undrained trays and if I didn't I'd be spending most of my time repotting due to mineral build-up. If I were growing in a greenhouse or outside with free-drainage I'd see how tap water would work. I placed some of my plants in drained trays at a local nursery where they water with tap water, and those plants grow very well.

Maybe I'll go back to the distilled water and save the rain water for the Sarracenias and VFT's.

Back