What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula ehlersiae or esseriana?

This was a free plant with an order a long time ago. Since I got it it has grown to about 4 times it's size. Still don't know what kind it is, but I remember the name was one of those two. Also, will this plant blush or turn pink if I grow it under LEDs?
20160128_124545_zpsmhqo5tee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160128_124535_zpseed9ekwv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
I doubt it's esseriana, the winter growth is far shorter leaves for me and summer growth is pretty distinct for the species, but it doesn't quite look like my ehlersiae either....

Here's a photo of Pinguicula ehlersiae found through cpphotofinder. It looks close. I would recommend looking up Pinguicula esseriana and Pinguicula ehlersiae on CARNIVOROUS PLANT PHOTO FINDER to try to tell for yourself.
How much light is it getting? Joseph Clemens has a photo on this forum of an etiolated esseriana that looks like your plant.
You should definitely update this thread with the flower it appears you are about to get. Users will be able to offer much better help with ID that way. Also, if you have photos of the carnivorous growth that would also help very much with ID.

Attachments

• P_ehlersiae2350.JPG
    P_ehlersiae2350.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 73
Bonjour

when you have the flower, you post them , more easier for the determination :beer:

jeff

Neither photo is showing up now, but what I recall I think I can probably agree would fit for an etiolated ehlersiae

Bonjour

may be in dormance ?

with the flower no problem for the determination

jeff

Back