What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my Guppies

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I know you've all seen guppies before, but I wanted to share anyway.

This is my favorite male. Pretty pattern and color!

fish.jpg

PENTAX126-1.jpg

Another male

PENTAX133.jpg

PENTAX125.jpg

Yellow male

PENTAX115.jpg

Female

PENTAX132.jpg

The tank

PENTAX117.jpg

Sorry there's so many spots on the glass, I forgot to clean it :0o:

I never get tired of looking at male guppys or bettas or killys.

Okay I want guppies !
I had some,I loved them I just need it to be a planted tank :)
It needs to be more complex then just guppies :D

I can't even keep guppies! A week and a half ago, one of the females gave birth to 7 and then that night all 5 adults died! They stopped eating 2 nights before, so I wasn't totally shocked. But now I have 7 babies that are doing great, but I bet they will die soon too. Something obviously killed the adults! I'm not keeping fish anymore, I kill all the fish :( I still have a pleco that is doing great though, so not sure how he's not dying too.

Did you test your water ?
What was your LFS's PH and what's yours?
I killed 4 guppies(in a week) from PH shock,LFS was 7,mine was 5.8.

So I had dead guppies yet one survived,and I called him 'Guppy"
I had much more luck with tetras from that wicked low PH.

you can kill guppies with ph a change of 1.2? odd, we use to toss the adults from one tank to another, mainly to avoid massive inbreeding and never lost one...

I had this problem with Ph before, when I first started my tank and I had Tiger Barbs. They all died in about 2 weeks from Ick. I have a Ph test kit but it's always the darkest blue, so the Ph is way above what it's supposed to be, so I got Ph decreaser and after 80 drops and nothing happening, I called the pet store and they told me to stop immedietly and not to worry about it because this is how FL water is. So I'm not sure what to do about the water. I just hope the babies make it.

Back