What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*pics* new Flava x Oreo, this thing is a monster!

Brie

Sarracenia freak
Picked this guy up from a local nursery at a garden/art fair today... It is GINORMOUS, although I just read they get alot bigger... Since I went to the fair on the last day, she was out of most everything I was looking for, so I dropped most of what I had on this one monster plant with 4 rhizomes. Its crazy how different it is from its flava parent... Its about the same hieght as my pure flava, but this thing's pitchers are so much bigger, and with alot more rigid support veins in it. Beefy arse pitchers.

5826628059_fcd8c2070d_b.jpg

Compared to my 22" tall flava
5827180154_fcbe31e94c_o.jpg

5826628317_150237b481_o.jpg

5827180190_efee9ea4e0_o.jpg

5826628011_86345abea2_o.jpg

5827180366_7084f89dbf_o.jpg

5827180486_440fa80160_o.jpg

5826628201_af380406e7_o.jpg

omfg its HUGGGGEEEEE

Oooh, love the glass vfts in there with the huuuuge Sarrs!

I'd know those glass vfts anywhere!

Also, congrats on that biggun!

That plant is AMAZING!
I have an oreophila clone that I think is big, but I want to see this one in person!

Very nice! I have a clone similar to yours, they are advertised as being able to grow 3 feet tall, very neat plant. :)

Very nice! Looks like you have some beautiful country there as well.

Very nice! Looks like you have some beautiful country there as well.

I live in the top floor of an apt building. ;) But it is a nice area, right on Lake Washington(very large body of water her in Western Wa.)... You're just seeing the big pine tree and shades my patio.

find any morel mushrooms out there?

Nice plant, Brie. I have some 'Doreens Colossus' as well. One of Jerry's many impressive offerings.... Enjoy! There is an image of them in the Sarracenia picture thread I posted a few days ago, about the 8th images down.

find any morel mushrooms out there?

I haven't, no.. But my coworker just did last weekend.. She works at a salmon hatchery east of the mountains a bit.. I guess she went out into the woods a bit while on break, sat down to make a phone call, looked over to her left and boom. A huge morel growing right by the log. lol. Prompted her to look around more and she ended up finding 3-4 huge ones. Took em back to the hatchery with her and showed em to one of her coworkers and he said "Damn, I missed some!". lol. Apparently he had picked a whole cooler full on the property a few days before... Must be nice working out there. :p

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Nice plant, Brie. I have some 'Doreens Colossus' as well. One of Jerry's many impressive offerings.... Enjoy! There is an image of them in the Sarracenia picture thread I posted a few days ago, about the 8th images down.

Cool dude i'll go check it out. :)

I have a huge oreaphila by flava clone as well and it is going to be even bigger. I also crossed my giant leauco with my oreo and i have seedlings coming up. i can't wait to see what this monster is going to look like as the leauco parent is very red veined. All I can tell you is that the seedlings just came up this past spring and already they are big.

Back