What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket / Facebook Confusion.

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I used to be able to share a picture from Photobucket to Facebook but I get the following message from Photobucket:

You've successfully shared to:
There was an unknown error sharing to Facebook

What changed? I have the most recent Mozilla Firefox and a Vista OS. How do I fix that? Why would it say that it was successfully shared in one sentence and say that there is a problem in the next?

How do I fix that?

I just made a Google search about the error message and found somebody posted, what the Photobucket support suggested to him:

--- snip ---
We apologize for your frustration. Try this:

Click on your username > Account settings > Application settings
Beside Facebook, click Disconnect
Clear your cache again (Sorry! It's really important)
Go back to Photobucket, find your image, click share, select Facebook
Fill in your Facebook login information when prompted
Click Share Now back in Photobucket.

That should work - please let us know if it doesn't.
--- snap ---

Dumb question: How does one "clear the cache"? That's where I'm at, as it were.

Dumb question: How does one "clear the cache"? That's where I'm at, as it were.

Depends on your web browser.

The Photobucket instructions doesn't tell about whether they refer to "files cache" or "cookies cache" to delete from the browser.

With Firefox follow the instructions of the Firefox support to delete only cached files:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How to clear the cache

If this doesn't work, try to delete all recent history of the Photobucket website in your browser, that's cached files AND stored cookies:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb...-do-i-remove-a-single-website-from-my-history
(Be sure to know your Photobucket password if you are using "automated login" with your browser, the browser will forget the automated login data when you use this function).

Last edited:
Omigosh... it actually worked! Much thanks! Now..... can ya tell me how to get rid of that annoying chat sidebar?

just click on "learn more" button on the sidebar, it should then turn from "greyed out" to active..(the pictures of your friends will suddenly look clear)..then at the bottom will be the "hide" button..

Scot

just click on "learn more" button on the sidebar, it should then turn from "greyed out" to active..(the pictures of your friends will suddenly look clear)..then at the bottom will be the "hide" button..

Scot

I did the learn more thing, but never saw the hide button. I think I got that resolved as well, since it has ceased popping up when I go back into the site. BTW, Leah (and Rachel) is looking real good!

Jim,
glad to hear Leah is doing well! :)
how many pitchers this year?
(who is Rachel?)

Scot

Rachel is Leah's sister. You gave me 2 plants:

017-1.jpg

023.jpg

101_0204.jpg

046.jpg

They are not much for producing lots of pitchers. I think there are 2 pitchers apiece right now.

Back