What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phobias

hehe.......
rolleyes.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlytrapGurl @ Oct. 05 2003,11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm... well, I'm verrry slightly claustophobic. Put me in a small WalMart isle with a clog of people bunching around me (plus a three foot wide, seven foot tall guy backing up in front of me), not knowing I'm there, and I'm in panic. It's not a good thing... bunches of people all around me, not realizing I'm even there, ready to squash me between them or back up on me any minute (hence the huge guy in front of me).

But my main phobia is... don't laugh... fear of walking through puddles or walking on a slippery surface... *cringe*

The story behind this fear makes more sense. I broke my hand when I slipped in a puddle last year (you remember me telling y'all 'bout that, right?). So now I look really stupid when I slowly, ever so slowly, little step by little step, pick through the puddles, even really shallow ones, of a parking lot or on a slime-covered sidewalk... ***cringes and shakes***

What's that phobia called again???[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
wow.gif
tounge.gif
well now i am weary of walking on slippery sufaces...
saturday i was at the zoo and, running in the rain to the elephant exhibit, fell with all fours in the air, hitting my back and then my head, very hard... i got a concussion
wow.gif

I don't mind jumping in puddles though
wink.gif
tounge.gif

i love arachnids, they are so cool... when confined. when they are loose in the house then i get worreid
tounge.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif
alien.gif

Jumping through puddles... *cringe*... you make me do that, and you're likely to get another concussion... oh great... now I've told them.... torture is imminent!!!

I just found some others that I have...

Aerophobia - fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airbourne noxious substances (air swallowing. If I'm in the car and the window is open with wind pouring onto my face, I feel anxiety and a wild urge to vomit coming on)

Autodysomophobia - fear of one that has a vile odor (ooooh... so true... also Bromidrosiphobia or Bromodrophobia)

Decidophobia -fear of making decisions (just a leeeeeeetle bit)

Dishabiliophobia - fear of undressing in front of someone (oooh... that one's the strongest)

Ereuthrophobia - fear of blushing (that's the ONE reason I never mention my crush on Kenny Chesney in public... only here when noone sees me... hehehehehe... I'm almost sorry I said that...... ***narrows eyes at everyone***... not a word)

Ithyphallophobia - (I feel I'm gonna get wrath from the mods if I say what that one means... you'll have to go look for yourself)

I have a fear of Bees.. Probley because when I was little I used to throw rocks at Hornets Nests.. I wouldn't be able to do that now because I'm scard S**t of Bees. (Even If weren't scard of them, I wouldn't throw rocks at them now because I respect them)

Doesn't make any sense.. I'm not Scard of Scorpions or Spiders but I'm scard of Bees

I`m kinda scared of copper heads now that I know how painfull it is to be bit by one *kringes and looks at still after2 months swolen deformed finger*,

Afraid of Copper, what, oh come on.  Oh, that's Copper heads, as in the snake, nevermind. Phobias..hmmm.  A phobia is a great and possibly uncontrolable fear (I will get to that in a moment)  I am with Ozzy.  I really do not have any phobias.  Kevin, the wolf thing sounds like fun.  The wolf would be sliding out on every corner, hehehehe.  But that is a fear, not a phobia.  Everyone has a fear.  That keeps us alive and safe, but does not stop us from accomplishing what we need to.

But it is possible.  Crowds make me angry, not frightened, but they tell me it is due to olfactory allergies (perfume, colognes, etc.)

Now, my son has a PHOBIA to needles.  I wish he would just faint, but NO!!! That would be too easy on mom.  He turns into a screaming banshee.  His heart races, he turns white and screams thing like, "Help, I am going to die, shoot me, I am going to kill myself", and so forth until the needle comes out, then he just hits the highest octave possible.  It took five of us to hold him down last time and they did not get enough blood.  They did not get enough blood because of vasoconstriction.  The body does this, shunts blood, when it goes into survival mode.  That's also why he turns white.  Now that's a phobia.  You only have to say "needle" to give him the full body shakes. Sheesh.

I do have one great fear. I fear that something terrible will happen to one of my children, that they will yell for my help and I will not be there to help them. It is not a phobia, but it gets my heart racing anytime they go missing for a bit as chidren will. The thing nightmares are made of. But I think it is close to a normal parent fear (added to a little cop fear)

Needle phobia? Aw come on... I get the needle, I sit there with a blank look on my face, thinking, "And your point is... ?"

Whoa... it took me a few seconds after typing that to realize my pun...
tounge.gif

Scopophobia
Scoptophobia
Aphenphosmphobia
Eurotophobia
Automatonophobia
Dishabillophobia
Cacophobia
Glossophobia
Gymnophobia
Lyssophobi
Apeirophobia

*peers about*

I'm realy not afraid of anything but I get vetigo when I'm in high places. It drives me nuts! I have no reson why my body should react this way but it does. It didn't when I was younger. It hasn't stopped me from sky diving, rock climbing, etc.

Just a thought, does Vertgo get vertigo? If your out there let us know.
wink.gif

I have some problems with heights, but I can MAKE my self function regardless so it probably does not qualify as a phobia. Never used to bother me, that is before I fell a little ways off of a mountian, that had an effect.

Screaching( as in skidding to a stop ) tires behind me, makes me jumpy, Been Hit, Nuf said.

What I realy fear is sharing my fears in an on line forum.

Wait a minute I just .,.,.,.,. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Sorry Had to....

Brant

Talking about needles and screaming, I have to tell this story.

When I was about 3 or 4, I had to go to a doctor once a week. (I don't remember why) I hated the nurse, for two reasons. She would call me by my first name, which I still hate and I won't go into that. Up until that time everybody called me Mark. I couldn't understand why she called me this other name, I didn't know it my name. The other reason I hate her is because before I saw the doctor, she would prick my finger and take a blood sample. I don't know how many times I had been to that doctor, but it was enough that I knew what she was going to do. I was tired of her pricking my finger. I didn't understand why she would do this everytime. I remember thinking one day while I was on the way to the doctor. She takes my blood every time I come here, she still has the blood form all the other times, so she don't have to do it again. I walked into the doctor office, and I thought to myself, I'm not going to let her do it to me again. I was sitting there waiting for her to call me by that other name. She came out and she called that name. I told my mom I'm not going.My mom grabbed my hand and started walking towards her. I started screaming and tring to get away. They had to drag me into the room, and I was kicking and screaming the whole way. They had to hold me down to get the blood.
I wasn't scared of getting my finger pricked, I was tired of that same nurse hurting my finger everytime I went there. After thinking back on that, I feel so sorry for my mom , I bet she was so embarresed
biggrin.gif
That nurse is probably the reason I hate my first name.
mad.gif

Flytrapgurl, you are so weird
confused.gif

I have the same fear as you, unless it's mine.

***tries to comprehend Ozzy's last sentence***

***ding*** OH! Ozzy, don't be morbid
tounge.gif

man! Nobdody (save copper) even said anything about my copper head bite.

Ooooooooh, How old are you Pond Boy and why the heck were you close enough to a copper head to get bitten in the finger?

Back