What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. laueana

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
Just wanted to show you all how much my plants have grown over the summer.
The picture with the flowers was early last Spring, and the other picture was taken today.
It's about that time it should start getting smaller again with the cooler nights in the basement.
It's turned itself into three maybe four plants now. I hope next Spring it puts on a good show!
JMatt

dsc05355nv.jpg

dsc05931c.jpg

Wow! Nice growth!

My pinguicula laueana was the size of pencil eraser last february.. Today, my pinguicula laueana is the size of a pencil eraser -__________-

Very nice plants. Wish I could do that. What's the secret?

My pinguicula laueana was the size of pencil eraser last february.. Today, my pinguicula laueana is the size of a pencil eraser -__________-

Mine stay between the size of a nickle and a quarter. :-(
I had a pot for well over a year and they did nothing. I tried a different soil mixture, waited well over a year, still nothing.
I then split the plants up into 2 different pots with different soil mixtures from the first 2 times and I get the same result.... small plants.

IF mine refuses to grow IM hjust gonna call it the dwarf one.. Becuase it was a division from a normal one that was also normal sized but then it shrunk and never grew again.. IN THE SAME MIX AS MY OTHER PINGS -.- my ping pullings i took a month ago are bigger than this little thing,..

Mine alternates between this:

100_8749.jpg

and this:

Picture007.jpg

....but it NEVER flowers!

I am so jealous of both of these pings in this thread.

I miss my ping so much!! I love them!

I don't know what it is with pings, but sometimes you get a plant that just won't do anything for you. I have ehlersiae and esseriana that have just struggled along at about 5mm diameter for 2 or 3 years. I had some cyclosecta that did the same for 2 years then suddenly this summer they shot up to about 4cm in diameter.

And then I have plants that go from pullings to mature flowering plants that start dividing in about a year.

Quick update.

This is a first for me anyways, a flower in December.
Just in time for Christmas.
JMatt

dsc06071k.jpg

dsc06072jk.jpg

Very nice! Wish I could get mine to flower, all it ever seems to do is grow haha.

How'd I miss this thread? Was just talking about this species too. Cool seeing things that flower while dormant.

Technically not dormant. Just entering succulent phase. ;)

JMatt, do you pump your plants full of illicit steroids or something?

My laueana is FINALLY GROWING !!!!!!!!! And carnivorous leaves too.. It is about x the size it was before lmfao.. Its newest leaf is bigger than the entire plant was.. Making up for lost time :lol:

Well it's Christmas eve and the flower has fully opened!
Looks like there will be two more coming too probably January some time.
Have a great Christmas everybody!
JMatt

dsc06078ab.jpg

dsc06081b.jpg

Very nice JMatt!

What is the orchid you have sitting in the water as well?

What a perfect flower!

WOW that is a nice looking plant and a very cool flower. I might have to start adding some pings to my CP terrarium.

Back