What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. emarginata x cyclosecta?

I got this ping from the seller as P. emarginata x cyclosecta 2 years ago. It bloom nice this year.

However, I think the petal shape doesn't tell it is a cross of emarginata and cyclosecta.

What do you think? Any comment is appreciated.

General color fits for cyclosecta parent, and I can see the famous reticulated pattern from emarginata, so it probably is labeled right, but more detailed shots of the flower and plants may help. Certainly, if some of the bigger ping experts chime in it would also help as well.

Thanks. You mean flower color fit cyclosecta parent? But a lot of pings have similar flower color.

They do, but cyclosecta is well known for the purple, and with the general whitish color of emarginata flowers, the dilution aspect fits... granted, it could be other species, but I can see rather rounded leaves and a slight purple tinge on the plants that could suggest cyclo.

Last edited:
Back