What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osama is Dead

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
:banana2:

I just hate that it was Geraldo Rivera who told me first! :lol:

Now maybe the Afgan war will be over too.

wow... the news here says the US has the body...

Supposedly they had it a week ago but were doing DNA tests to be sure it wasn't a look-alike or something.

:awesome: :love: :usa2: He made me want to :puke2: Praise God he is dead he was :crazy:

:boogie::boogie::boogie:
:rookwoot: :usa2: :rookwoot:
_:spazz:_
certainly took long enough!

ibtimes.com seems to be getting a lot of traffic today so here's the text of my link:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:45 AM EDT
Why was Osama bin Laden not captured?
By IB Times Staff Reporter

Wikileaks has unravelled some of the documents which reveal the truth behind inaction than action by the United States in Afghanistan in the last one decade.

It was long wished that the U.S. army would one day nail down the most wanted terrorist Osama bin-Laden and bring him to Guantanamo Bay detention center. But the latest string of leaks reveal that al Qaeda had warned to set off a “nuclear hellstorm” if Osama bin Laden is ever captured or killed.

This explains the rationale behind "inaction" than action in Afghanistan. Wikileaks' files show that al Qaeda's senior leader Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was detained and interrogated, had spilled the beans that the terrorist group had, indeed, hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe and that it would be detonated if Osama bin Laden is captured or killed.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was one of the self-confessed terrorist who had planned the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States that killed more than 3,000 people.

The secret files show the interrogation details of more than 750 Guantanamo Bay detainees. Another revelation from the files was that Al-Qaeda planned chemical and biological attacks in London and also had a sketch on how to put cyanide in air-conditioning units of some public offices in the US.

These documents also show that the key al-Qaeda leaders were in a house in Karachi, Pakistan, on Sept. 11, 2001 watching live the attacks on New York and Pentagon.

I think it's worth pointing out that this is basically just pouring fuel on the fire. Isn't several decades of retaliatory violence enough? I'm not about to say that leaving Osama to continue acting as a figurehead would put a stop to the fighting either, but... yawn. Wake me when the US starts considering foreign policy that doesn't give the Middle East ample reason to hate us.
Also, don't forget that the CIA knew about the 9/11 attacks well in advance and chose not to intervene in order to promote their own agenda, and also that the US was originally responsible for Osama's rise to power.
WOOOOOO! USA!
~Joe

Wow! That's great! I wonder if now that the figure-head of the War on Terror is dead we can pull our troops back home and focus on expanding our public infrastructure and curing our homeland poverty.

Are we ready to scrap the body scanners? I hope I don't get a full-body pat down when I go to my brother's wedding in a couple weeks!

Yay, the war is over! Osama is dead! The lives of those lost in the 9/11 attacks are finally avenged!

*waits for this train of thought to be crushed by reality*

Wow! That's great! I wonder if now that the figure-head of the War on Terror is dead we can pull our troops back home and focus on expanding our public infrastructure and curing our homeland poverty.

Right! My dad has most of his lower back fused and career more of less destroyed, several of my childhood friends returned from their tours to homelessness, disabiity and drug addiction, and my mentor blew her brains out on account of PTSD, but it was all leading up to this, and it was so worth it. After ten years and spending more money than has been spent on food probably since the founding of the country, we managed to get the figurehead of the tiny extremist group that came after us! We don't need to dismantle the group or change the behavior that gave them reason to attack us to begin with, so long as that sickly old dude isn't smirking at us on VHS tapes filmed in some filthy cave in the middle of nowhere anymore.
~Joe

Yeah, I have some feeling on the issue as well. But I think I'll do TF a favor and not open my feelings up for discussion...

Give all of our service men/women a hug - they probably need one.

Isn't it just a few days ago that Obama said, he has better things to do than prove his birth certificate?

Osama is not dead until Trump sees the death certificate. The LONG form certificate!

In seriousness, my immediate reaction was "America! #+^* Yeah!" but I am afraid that this event will strengthen the fanaticism of Al-Qaeda since he will now be viewed as a martyr. I am afraid of the repercussions that could follow.

Am I glad he is dead? Yes, but if it was such a simple operation to take him out, why not take him into US custody? He could have provided valuable information and could have faced his charges in a military trial. I do not feel like he faced justice, but I hope that many families and friends of the victims of 9-11 will have some closure.

I feel like this is an important symbolic death but an overall empty victory. How much money have we spent over the past decade to come to this? How many trillions of dollars were spent? How many precious, priceless lives were lost? I feel like he could have been caught without the decade of war, the trillions spent, and the lives cut too short.

You know, America has been at war for a decade... Half my life. I am so used to it that I forget about it. I definately remembered last night.

I feel as though the only meaningful contribution that i can make to this debate takes the form of a simple picture I found on the Internet this morning:

tumblr_lkjy3bXnQN1qzpwi0o1_400.gif

And I'm done.

Great news! but in return America and allies must be ever more prepared for possible backlashes...........probable retaliation .......he died as a martyr

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Osama is not dead until Trump sees the death certificate. The LONG form certificate!

In seriousness, my immediate reaction was "America! #+^* Yeah!" but I am afraid that this event will strengthen the fanaticism of Al-Qaeda since he will now be viewed as a martyr. I am afraid of the repercussions that could follow.

Am I glad he is dead? Yes, but if it was such a simple operation to take him out, why not take him into US custody? He could have provided valuable information and could have faced his charges in a military trial. I do not feel like he faced justice, but I hope that many families and friends of the victims of 9-11 will have some closure.

I feel like this is an important symbolic death but an overall empty victory. How much money have we spent over the past decade to come to this? How many trillions of dollars were spent? How many precious, priceless lives were lost? I feel like he could have been caught without the decade of war, the trillions spent, and the lives cut too short.

You know, America has been at war for a decade... Half my life. I am so used to it that I forget about it. I definately remembered last night.

words of wise

Yes Osama is dead.
Last night my mother was in the bathroom drying her hair.
I shouted OSAMA IS DEAD!
She thought I said Obama though.
She was like Nuh uh.
And I was like Yes he is... :lol:

Unfortunately killing Osama is like treating a symptom.

The problem with Al-Qaeda, is that it is less of an organisation, and more of an ideology... we just killed a head on the hydra... shame there's a million more out there that are just as dangerous as Bin Laden, who are even closer to home. You can't stamp and an idea down from the top - a grass-roots strategy is the only way to solve the issue, through the all important tool of education.
If the west really wants to settle it once and for all, we need to be looking at integration and education, both internationally and nationally. Just my 2 cents, anyway.

Back